    hel out.

    Thanks,
    Murgi

    Murgi, Jan 29, 2005

  2. Murgi

    doS Guest

    "
    ..karrick" <

    "Murgi" <rp0000000013@127.0.0.1:7501> wrote in message
    news:41faffd5_1@127.0.0.1...

    > A colleague has installed "Norton Internet Security" which includes a

    virus
    > checker and a firewall among other functions.
    > After that he has no access to the Internet anymore. I know that it has to
    > do with the firewall since deactivating it will enable access to the

    Internet
    > again.
    > Does anybody know where to tell the program to accept access to the

    Internet.
    > My firewall settings are different since I don't use Norton... so I

    couldn't
    > hel out.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Murgi

    News==----

    Newsgroups

    =---

    doS, Jan 29, 2005

  3. Murgi

    Murgi Guest

    "doS" <> wrote:
    >"
    >.karrick" <

    Thanks... but "karrick" doesn't seem to be the solution to it.:)

    Murgi, Jan 29, 2005
  4. Murgi

    G. Morgan Guest

    Subject: Re: Norton blocks Internet...
    Newsgroup: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    => doS <= wrote:

    >.karrick" <

    LOL!!
    --

    -Graham

    Remove the snails to email

    G. Morgan, Jan 29, 2005
  5. Murgi

    Toolman Tim Guest

    | "doS" <> wrote:
    | >"
    | >.karrick" <
    | >

    | Thanks... but "karrick" doesn't seem to be the solution to it.:)

    Ms. A. Karrick let it slip here that she is doing tech support...not
    necessarily here though ;o)

    Toolman Tim, Jan 29, 2005
  6. Murgi

    Murgi Guest

    >| Thanks... but "karrick" doesn't seem to be the solution to it.:)
    >|

    >Ms. A. Karrick let it slip here that she is doing tech support...not
    >necessarily here though ;o)

    Got it!!!
    The Windows Firewall needs to be disabled. It was reported by the system
    after some time...

    Murgi, Jan 29, 2005
  7. Howdy!

    > A colleague has installed "Norton Internet Security" which includes a

    virus
    > checker and a firewall among other functions.
    > After that he has no access to the Internet anymore. I know that it has to
    > do with the firewall since deactivating it will enable access to the

    Internet
    > again.
    > Does anybody know where to tell the program to accept access to the

    Internet.
    > My firewall settings are different since I don't use Norton... so I

    couldn't
    > hel out.

    Best way to stop NIS from disabling Internet Access - is to remove
    NIS!

    For those it works, it works great. For others, it's absolute
    dreck.

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Jan 30, 2005