    something else. But this seems to be the best for me, when it is
    working. However, it missed wincfg.scr the other day, and it was
    completely updated. Should I try the Beta NAV or give up?
    Scribner, Aug 10, 2003

  2. Scribner

    Miggsee Guest

    Give up on NAV! It's a system hog. Less intrusive, cheaper, and a better
    product may be found here:
    http://www.my-etrust.com

    Miggsee, Aug 10, 2003

  3. Scribner wrote:

    > It is a bad joke. I install Norton AV onto my XP Pro system, and it
    > works for a few days. Then I fire up the computer and NAV is suddenly
    > not working. I have tried Norton Antivirus 2003 stand alone, NAV 2003
    > under Norton Systemworks 2003 and Symantec Antivirus Corporate Client
    > v8.1.0.825. The result is always the same. It works fine, I update,
    > and then it stops after a few days. Oh, if I uninstall under
    > Systemworks, I have to delete Systemworks as well, otherwise I can't
    > upgrade NAV when I re-install it. I always uninstall and then use
    > Rnav2003.exe to make sure that everything is gone. I know, try
    > something else. But this seems to be the best for me, when it is
    > working. However, it missed wincfg.scr the other day, and it was
    > completely updated. Should I try the Beta NAV or give up?

    Give up. Use a decent AV that won't cause so many problems. I'd
    recommend EZ Antivirus from Computer Associates. Of course for the
    money, AVG is hard to beat. As for System Works, give up that crap too.
    The only thing I've ever had useful from Norton was the undelete utility
    and Ghost.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Aug 10, 2003
  4. Scribner

    Scribner Guest

    On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 08:29:52 -0400, "Miggsee" <>
    wrote:

    >Give up on NAV! It's a system hog. Less intrusive, cheaper, and a better
    >product may be found here:
    >http://www.my-etrust.com
    >
    >"Scribner" <> wrote in message
    >> It is a bad joke. I install Norton AV onto my XP Pro system, and it
    >> works for a few days. Then I fire up the computer and NAV is suddenly
    >> not working. I have tried Norton Antivirus 2003 stand alone, NAV 2003
    >> under Norton Systemworks 2003 and Symantec Antivirus Corporate Client
    >> v8.1.0.825. The result is always the same. It works fine, I update,
    >> and then it stops after a few days. Oh, if I uninstall under
    >> Systemworks, I have to delete Systemworks as well, otherwise I can't
    >> upgrade NAV when I re-install it. I always uninstall and then use
    >> Rnav2003.exe to make sure that everything is gone. I know, try
    >> something else. But this seems to be the best for me, when it is
    >> working. However, it missed wincfg.scr the other day, and it was
    >> completely updated. Should I try the Beta NAV or give up?

    Ok, I'll try it. Thanks. I want to see if it lasts the 30 day trial
    period.
    Scribner, Aug 11, 2003
  5. Scribner

    Miggsee Guest

    Free www.grisoft.com
    I use this as a second, on-demand scanner.

    Miggsee, Aug 11, 2003
  6. Scribner

    Scribner Guest

    Well, it is two months later, and the problem still persists. It
    persists with NAV 2004 and on other computers running XP. So I'm not
    the only one who has experienced this problem. I just can't believe
    that one of you gurus haven't experienced this problem and come up
    with a cause. Sure, I can switch to another AV, but I still want an
    answer to this problem.

    Scribner, Oct 16, 2003
  7. Scribner

    Juan Pérez Guest

    --
    Tact, n.:
    The unsaid part of what you're thinking.

    wrote:

    and it

    suddenly

    NAV 2003

    Client

    update,

    can't

    use

    is

    was

    too.

    utility

    > >> AVG?

    AVG is an Antivirus program from Grisoft. There are both free and for
    pay editions.
    <http://www.grisoft.com/>
    Juan Pérez, Oct 16, 2003
  8. Scribner

    Juan Pérez Guest

    Just to repeat an oft repeated bit of information :eek:)
    (see my previous post)

    Juan Pérez <juan234@.5678.spaz.spa> wrote in message

    > Scribner <walter3ca@no_spam_yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > Well, it is two months later, and the problem still persists. It
    > > persists with NAV 2004 and on other computers running XP. So I'm

    not
    > > the only one who has experienced this problem. I just can't believe
    > > that one of you gurus haven't experienced this problem and come up
    > > with a cause. Sure, I can switch to another AV, but I still want an
    > > answer to this problem.
    > >

    > > On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 20:05:18 -0400, "Miggsee" <>
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > > >Free www.grisoft.com
    > > >I use this as a second, on-demand scanner.

    > <http://www.grisoft.com/>

    <snip>

    Juan Pérez, Oct 16, 2003
  9. Scribner

    Scribner Guest

    Well, I couldn't figure out AVG and Kaparsky screwed my system up.

    Scribner, Oct 16, 2003