norton av 2005 problems

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Christo, Nov 28, 2004.

  1. Christo

    Christo Guest

    cant think of another group to post this in

    i installed a cracked version of norton anti virus 2005

    it started playing up so i uninstalled an re installed, it was still playing
    up so i tried to uninstall again

    the uninstall program encountered a problem mid uninstallation and shut down

    so i figured i would delete the registry values and delete the files from
    the folder and in control panl i would be able to try to remove and it would
    say "file not found" and then delete the norton AV icon from the list

    however it doesn't it says the following something the file being missing
    and then after that it says drivers have been marked for detection

    how can i get rid of it?

    Would installing a valid copy of Norton AV2003 pro work and allow me to un
    install norton 2005?

    i have tired installing norton 05 again and i get an error whilst installing

    the norton files are still loading at start up so i cant think whats going
    on?

    any help please? i would much appreciate it

    Christo, Nov 28, 2004

  2. Christo

    donnie Guest

    On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 15:14:06 -0000, "Christo" <>
    wrote:

    >how can i get rid of it?

    ###########################
    Is it still listed in add/remove programs in the control panel? See
    if the unisnt.exe is still on your drive. If neither of those two
    don't work, then go back into the registry and search again using the
    search tool under edit and F3 until it says finisted searching
    registry.
    donnie.

    donnie, Nov 29, 2004

  3. Christo

    nemo outis Guest

    In article <>, wrote:
    >On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 15:14:06 -0000, "Christo" <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>how can i get rid of it?

    >###########################
    >Is it still listed in add/remove programs in the control panel? See
    >if the unisnt.exe is still on your drive. If neither of those two
    >don't work, then go back into the registry and search again using the
    >search tool under edit and F3 until it says finisted searching
    >registry.
    >donnie.

    I have no idea if it would work with NAV 2005 but Symantec used
    to have a "deep removal" tool (rnav2003.exe) on its site.

    Regards,

    nemo outis, Nov 29, 2004
  4. Christo

    Chuck Guest

    On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 15:14:06 -0000, "Christo" <> wrote:

    >cant think of another group to post this in
    >
    >i installed a cracked version of norton anti virus 2005
    >
    >it started playing up so i uninstalled an re installed, it was still playing
    >up so i tried to uninstall again
    >

    >the uninstall program encountered a problem mid uninstallation and shut down
    >
    >so i figured i would delete the registry values and delete the files from
    >the folder and in control panl i would be able to try to remove and it would
    >say "file not found" and then delete the norton AV icon from the list
    >
    >however it doesn't it says the following something the file being missing
    >and then after that it says drivers have been marked for detection
    >

    >how can i get rid of it?
    >
    >Would installing a valid copy of Norton AV2003 pro work and allow me to un
    >install norton 2005?
    >
    >i have tired installing norton 05 again and i get an error whilst installing
    >
    >the norton files are still loading at start up so i cant think whats going
    >on?
    >
    >any help please? i would much appreciate it

    With Symantec products, you have to un install any previous software before
    installing anything new. So installing NAV 2003, in an effort to resolve a
    problem with NAV 2005, sounds like a waste of time.

    Un installing NAV 2005:
    <http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/5faa3ca6df6f549888256edd0061c0a4/9941641f5e10351b88256ed6006163f5?OpenDocument&prod=Norton%20AntiVirus&ver=2005&src=sg&pcode=nav&svy=&csm=no>

    --
    Cheers,