    It's impossible to switch LiveUpdate, Email scan and Aut-Protect on.
    What might be the cause of this serious problem?

    Mat

    Mat & Mia Moors, Jan 15, 2004

  2. Mat & Mia Moors

    Harrison Guest

    Could be a recent update gone bad. Could be just about anything.
    Try uninstalling and reinstalling NAV 2003.
    Run Live Update to catch back up.

    Harrison, Jan 15, 2004

  3. Mat & Mia Moors

    Harrison Guest

    If it happened recently, try the System Restore function in XP.

    Harrison, Jan 15, 2004
  4. Mat & Mia Moors

    °Mike° Guest

    The problem is called Symantec.

    Anti-virus programs:
    --------------------
    KAV (Kaspersky)
    http://www.kaspersky.com/

    eZ Antivirus (Computer Associates)

    Vet (Computer Associates)
    http://www.vet.com.au/html/products/index.html

    Sophos
    http://www.sophos.com/products/software/antivirus/

    On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 18:47:36 +0100, in
    <bu6jn0$h3j$1.nb.home.nl>
    Mat & Mia Moors scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jan 15, 2004
  5. Mat & Mia Moors

    MJW Guest

    Just wondering.
    What antivirus do you use Mike?

    MikeW

    MJW, Jan 15, 2004
  6. Mat & Mia Moors

    °Mike° Guest

    I have eZ AV as my resident scanner, because of it's
    small footprint. I also have KAV as my 'on demand'
    scanner. After a long time of testing the popular
    antivirus programs (with the exceptions of Norton and
    McAfee, which I wouldn't touch with a barge pole),
    KAV performs best in the detection stakes; it has
    a far superior decompression system than the others;
    the support is super fast. I like eZ because of it's
    small size -- I still use 6.1.7 -- and it's also good in
    the detection stakes, but the support sucks like you
    wouldn't believe.

    Don't let anybody tell you that AVG is good -- only
    the price is good.

    On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 23:30:52 -0000, in
    <bu77rj$trg$>
    MJW scrawled:

    >Just wondering.
    >What antivirus do you use Mike?
    >
    >MikeW

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jan 15, 2004
  7. Mat & Mia Moors

    MJW Guest

    Thanks Mike.
    I use Norton and the subscription is due for renewal shortly. Time for a
    change I think!

    MikeW

    MJW, Jan 15, 2004
  8. Mat & Mia Moors

    °Mike° Guest

    You will see a big difference when you are free of
    that resource hog. Make sure you get rid of all
    traces of it. There's a symclean utility on the
    Symantec site.

    On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 23:49:01 -0000, in
    <bu78te$41f$>
    MJW scrawled:

    °Mike°, Jan 16, 2004
  9. Mat & Mia Moors

    LO&MsLO Guest

    On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 00:12:04 +0000, °Mike°
    <> wrote:

    >You will see a big difference when you are free of
    >that resource hog. Make sure you get rid of all
    >traces of it. There's a symclean utility on the
    >Symantec site.

    Which I have tried and it was useless for NSW 2002.

    John

    LO&MsLO, Jan 16, 2004
  10. Mat & Mia Moors

    °Mike° Guest

    On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 22:07:16 -0600, in
    <>
    LO&MsLO scrawled:

    >On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 00:12:04 +0000, °Mike°
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>You will see a big difference when you are free of
    >>that resource hog. Make sure you get rid of all
    >>traces of it. There's a symclean utility on the
    >>Symantec site.
    >>

    >Which I have tried and it was useless for NSW 2002.

    That about sums Symantec products up.

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance