    I personally thought that is bad bussiness, but all in all are these rivals
    virtually the same quality wise? I noticed Norton Antivirus is $10.00 more
    expensive, here in Canada anyway

    Craziness, Mar 6, 2004

  2. Craziness

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Craziness" <> wrote in message
    news:1yc2c.691338$JQ1.171975@pd7tw1no...
    > I personally like Norton, I like the interface better, McAfee pissed me

    off
    > the other day doing a Internet connection speed test on there site, they

    had
    > 3-6 fregan popups about there security, spam, popups etc....programs.
    > I personally thought that is bad bussiness, but all in all are these

    rivals
    > virtually the same quality wise? I noticed Norton Antivirus is $10.00

    more
    > expensive, here in Canada anyway

    I use both - Norton and McAfee, at home and at work. I've had the same
    results with both. (And I like to buy last-years software. It is less
    expensive, and after running the live-updates, it is gonna be running the
    same engines and DATs as the current version of software.) Last time I
    needed Norton I bought at www.upgrade-solution.com for minor moolah.

    Also, put a pop-up stopper on your system - it's well worth it!

    Tim

    Toolman Tim, Mar 6, 2004

  3. Toolman Tim wrote:

    >"Craziness" <> wrote in message
    >

    >>I personally like Norton, I like the interface better, McAfee pissed me
    >>

    >off
    >

    >>the other day doing a Internet connection speed test on there site, they
    >>

    >had
    >

    >>3-6 fregan popups about there security, spam, popups etc....programs.
    >>I personally thought that is bad bussiness, but all in all are these
    >>

    >rivals
    >

    >>virtually the same quality wise? I noticed Norton Antivirus is $10.00
    >>

    >more
    >

    >>expensive, here in Canada anyway
    >>

    >I use both - Norton and McAfee, at home and at work. I've had the same
    >results with both. (And I like to buy last-years software. It is less
    >expensive, and after running the live-updates, it is gonna be running the
    >same engines and DATs as the current version of software.) Last time I
    >needed Norton I bought at www.upgrade-solution.com for minor moolah.
    >
    >Also, put a pop-up stopper on your system - it's well worth it!
    >
    >Tim

    I too, always buy last year's version of Norton Systemworks Pro.
    I get mine through an Amazon.com Marketplace seller for less than
    $10.00. Just the disk, no manual or box.
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...r_1_2/103-0022561-6515841?v=glance&s=software
    or http://tinyurl.com/2w5kn

    --
    Bill

    Bill Schnakenberg, Mar 6, 2004
  4. Craziness

    Craziness Guest

    Last time I
    > >needed Norton I bought at www.upgrade-solution.com for minor moolah.
    > >
    > >Also, put a pop-up stopper on your system - it's well worth it!
    > >
    > >Tim
    > >

    > I too, always buy last year's version of Norton Systemworks Pro.
    > I get mine through an Amazon.com Marketplace seller for less than
    > $10.00. Just the disk, no manual or box.

    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...r_1_2/103-0022561-6515841?v=glance&s=software
    > or http://tinyurl.com/2w5kn
    >

    > --
    > Bill

    Thanks guys, I'll check those places out.

    Craziness, Mar 6, 2004