Norton Antivirus 8.1 Corporate versus newer versions like Norton 2005?

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by aroma@metisoft.com, Jul 25, 2005.

  1. Guest

    From what I gather, the newer versions don't really add much else, other
    than anti-spam and anti-spyware features.

    So long as I can update to the latest virus definitions, why would I
    want to upgrade to something like Norton 2005?

    , Jul 25, 2005

  2. Kiyoshi H Guest

    Re: Norton Antivirus 8.1 Corporate versus newer versions like Norton2005?

    You don't
    Unless Symantec decides to stop support on the older versions, then you
    are forced to upgrade your product.

    - Kiyoshi

    Kiyoshi H, Jul 25, 2005

  3. Winged Guest

    wrote:
    > From what I gather, the newer versions don't really add much else, other
    > than anti-spam and anti-spyware features.
    >
    > So long as I can update to the latest virus definitions, why would I
    > want to upgrade to something like Norton 2005?

    The version 10 of Norton CE identifies significantly more
    types/varieties than 8.x does. Additionally there is an known exploit
    of the 8.x firewall software. It is also more difficult to shut the 10x
    product down via virus vector. I like the CE edition far better than
    retail products, they are much more stable, have less glut, and are
    better organized. I would recommend the 10x version versus the 8x
    version if you can get it.

    Winged

    Winged, Jul 25, 2005
  4. optikl Guest

    wrote:
    why would I
    > want to upgrade to something like Norton 2005?

    If you have to ask, then the answer should be obvious.

    optikl, Jul 26, 2005