    troubleshooting tool on the symanted website comes up with nothing.
    Please help!

    , Dec 22, 2006

  2. beenthere Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > My grandmother purchased an upgrade from NAV 2005 to 2007 (she really
    > meant to only renew her subscription). I installed the upgrade, but
    > when I run a full system scan after 2825 files scanned it comes up
    > with "Norton antivirus encountered an internal program error" and in
    > the bottom corner it says "3038,107". I uninstalled NAV, restarted,
    > re-downloaded it, reinstalled, rebooted, and it's still coming up with
    > the same error. I went to the symantec website and made sure
    > liveupdates were current, and rebooted, still to no avail. The
    > troubleshooting tool on the symanted website comes up with nothing.
    > Please help!

    Time to have a look at your Event Viewer, and see what
    errors are showing up.

    bw..OJ

    beenthere, Dec 22, 2006

  3. Guest

    beenthere wrote:
    > <> wrote in message
    > > My grandmother purchased an upgrade from NAV 2005 to 2007 (she really
    > > meant to only renew her subscription). I installed the upgrade, but
    > > when I run a full system scan after 2825 files scanned it comes up
    > > with "Norton antivirus encountered an internal program error" and in
    > > the bottom corner it says "3038,107". I uninstalled NAV, restarted,
    > > re-downloaded it, reinstalled, rebooted, and it's still coming up with
    > > the same error. I went to the symantec website and made sure
    > > liveupdates were current, and rebooted, still to no avail. The
    > > troubleshooting tool on the symanted website comes up with nothing.
    > > Please help!
    > >

    > Time to have a look at your Event Viewer, and see what
    > errors are showing up.
    >
    > bw..OJ

    The only errors I see in the event viewer are two that read :

    Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 6.0.2900.2180, faulting
    module fullsoft.dll, version 5.5.726.0, fault address 0x00012800.

    , Dec 22, 2006
  4. beenthere Guest

    <> wrote in message

    > beenthere wrote:
    >> <> wrote in message
    >> > My grandmother purchased an upgrade from NAV 2005 to 2007 (she really

    snipped some
    >> Time to have a look at your Event Viewer, and see what
    >> errors are showing up.
    >>
    >> bw..OJ

    > The only errors I see in the event viewer are two that read :
    >
    > Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 6.0.2900.2180, faulting
    > module fullsoft.dll, version 5.5.726.0, fault address 0x00012800.

    The fullsoft.dll error can be investigared here Meg.

    http://www.windowsbbs.com/showthread.php?t=37591

    Looks like something to do with mozilla\firefox\thunderbird,
    Which sadly I don`t use.
    I like to keep my machine simple, and clean.

    bw..OJ

    beenthere, Dec 22, 2006
  5. Guest

    beenthere wrote:
    > <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > beenthere wrote:
    > >> <> wrote in message
    > >> >

    > snipped some
    > >> Time to have a look at your Event Viewer, and see what
    > >> errors are showing up.
    > >>
    > >> bw..OJ

    > > The only errors I see in the event viewer are two that read :
    > >
    > > Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 6.0.2900.2180, faulting
    > > module fullsoft.dll, version 5.5.726.0, fault address 0x00012800.
    > >

    > The fullsoft.dll error can be investigared here Meg.
    >
    > http://www.windowsbbs.com/showthread.php?t=37591
    >
    > Looks like something to do with mozilla\firefox\thunderbird,
    > Which sadly I don`t use.
    > I like to keep my machine simple, and clean.
    >
    > bw..OJ

    Thanks OJ. I uninstalled firefox, and then again used the norton
    uninstaller product to completely take everything norton off my system,
    then reinstalled the product, and still am getting the same error.
    Incidentally there's nothing in the event viewer seems to say anything
    about NAV. The closest I could find was:

    The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( SymAppCore ) cannot be
    found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry
    information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote
    computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this
    description; see Help and Support for details. The following
    information is part of the event: Service started.

    Thanks.

    , Dec 22, 2006
  6. beenthere Guest

    <> wrote in message

    > beenthere wrote:
    >> <> wrote in message

    >> snipped some

    >> > The only errors I see in the event viewer are two that read :
    >> >
    >> > Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 6.0.2900.2180, faulting
    >> > module fullsoft.dll, version 5.5.726.0, fault address 0x00012800.
    >> >

    >> The fullsoft.dll error can be investigared here Meg.
    >>
    >> http://www.windowsbbs.com/showthread.php?t=37591
    >>
    >> Looks like something to do with mozilla\firefox\thunderbird,
    >> Which sadly I don`t use.
    >> I like to keep my machine simple, and clean.
    >>
    >> bw..OJ

    Snipped some

    > The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( SymAppCore ) cannot be
    > found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry
    > information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote
    > computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this
    > description; see Help and Support for details. The following
    > information is part of the event: Service started.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Haven`t given up yet Meg

    Shows exactly the same problem.
    Have a read.
    Personally, I wouldn`t let Mr Norton (Symantec) near my
    computer.
    It`s totally invasive and bloated.

    The article seems to suggest a dodgy d\load, or install.

    bw..OJ

    beenthere, Dec 22, 2006
  7. Guest

    beenthere wrote:
    > <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > beenthere wrote:
    > >> <> wrote in message

    > >> snipped some

    > >> The fullsoft.dll error can be investigared here Meg.
    > >>
    > >> http://www.windowsbbs.com/showthread.php?t=37591
    > >>
    > >> Looks like something to do with mozilla\firefox\thunderbird,
    > >> Which sadly I don`t use.
    > >> I like to keep my machine simple, and clean.
    > >>
    > >> bw..OJ

    > Snipped some
    > >
    > > The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( SymAppCore ) cannot be
    > > found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry
    > > information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote
    > > computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this
    > > description; see Help and Support for details. The following
    > > information is part of the event: Service started.
    > >
    > > Thanks.
    > >

    > Haven`t given up yet Meg
    > http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=150255
    >
    > Shows exactly the same problem.
    > Have a read.
    > Personally, I wouldn`t let Mr Norton (Symantec) near my
    > computer.
    > It`s totally invasive and bloated.
    >
    > The article seems to suggest a dodgy d\load, or install.
    >
    > bw..OJ

    Yeah, the article was a bit much I think. The guy in it ended up
    reinstalling the OS. I don't have the knowledge/resources/time to do
    that here (just visiting my grandparents until tomorrow). It could be a
    result of a virus they already have on the computer, it does run a
    system scan in safe mode, so I think for now I'll just leave it as is.
    I don't think it's harming any of the other programs although excel and
    word are taking forever to load. It's very frustrating to my
    grandparents, when i got here the computer was running fine. I went to
    update it and make sure they're running the AV software and now it's
    screwed up. Guess that ought to be a lesson to me!

    , Dec 23, 2006
  8. Guest

    wrote:

    >My grandmother purchased an upgrade from NAV 2005 to 2007 (she really
    >meant to only renew her subscription). I installed the upgrade, but
    >when I run a full system scan after 2825 files scanned it comes up
    >with "Norton antivirus encountered an internal program error" and in
    >the bottom corner it says "3038,107". I uninstalled NAV, restarted,
    >re-downloaded it, reinstalled, rebooted, and it's still coming up with
    >the same error. I went to the symantec website and made sure
    >liveupdates were current, and rebooted, still to no avail. The
    >troubleshooting tool on the symanted website comes up with nothing.
    >Please help!

    Start | Run <type in>
    services.msc
    <enter>

    Make sure your Norton service(s) are starting.

    download another virus program
    http://free.grisoft.com/doc/1
    --
    http://nynerd.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/ohsnap.gif