    get rid of this error?

    tia

    dingaling
    dingalingdeb, Apr 10, 2006

  2. dingalingdeb

    old man Guest

    From an earlier post
    http://basconotw.mvps.org/SymRem.htm

    "dingalingdeb" <> wrote in message
    news:vXw_f.50086$%H.43266@clgrps13...
    > Hi; I have aTravelMate 2300 acer, windows xp and it was set up with

    Norton
    > Antivirus when I received it as a gift. I now have this problem:
    > Liveupdates won't download and error - LU1875 'This update failed during

    it'
    > preprosessing welcome text phase'. I am practically computer illiterate

    and

    old man, Apr 10, 2006

  3. dingalingdeb

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 17:52:27 GMT, dingalingdeb wrote:

    >Hi; I have aTravelMate 2300 acer, windows xp and it was set up with Norton
    >Antivirus when I received it as a gift. I now have this problem:
    >Liveupdates won't download and error - LU1875 'This update failed during it'
    >preprosessing welcome text phase'. I am practically computer illiterate and
    >have tried to fix this problem by uninstalling Norton Antivirus, but it
    >won't let me uinstall. Obviously I have to fix the problem before I can
    >uninstall Norton 2004 - and change to 'avast'. Can anyone advise how I can
    >get rid of this error?

    Look on the Norton AV webpages for instructions on how to manually
    remove NAV. THere is IIRC a removal tool.

    A quick www.google.com search - norton antivirus 2004 remove
    gives , rhis list to search
    http://www.google.com/search?q=norton antivirus 2004 remove
    resulting in

    Removing Norton AntiVirus 2003 or earlier by using the Rnav2003 ...
    In the section "Remove Norton AntiVirus 2005/2004 installed as a
    stand-alone product or as a part of Norton SystemWorks 2005/2004 or
    Norton Internet ...
    http://service1.symantec.com/support/nav.nsf/docid/2001092114452606 -
    40k - Cached - Similar pages

    Uninstalling and reinstalling Norton AntiVirus 2004
    Uninstall Norton AntiVirus 2004 or Norton AntiVirus 2004
    Professional ... This document explains how to remove Norton AntiVirus
    from the computer, ...
    http://service1.symantec.com/Support/nav.nsf/docid/2003090415405206 -
    30k - Cached - Similar pages

    There are other links to other sources a swell.

    Me
    why?, Apr 10, 2006