    so when I uninstall it that I will be able to reinstall it?

    Thank you in advance.

    Chuck

    Chuck, Sep 7, 2003

  2. Chuck

    Joan Guest

    If you downloaded it, where did you save it too? Go there and if you
    have a CD burner put it on a CD R so you will have have it. If it is
    small enough put it on a floppy.

    Joan

    Joan, Sep 7, 2003

  3. Chuck wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > I recently had to upgrade my motherboard due to a surge. I then had to
    > rebuild XP Pro to get it to recognize the new board. Everything runs
    > fine except NAV 2003. When I try to run a Full System Scan it says I
    > am not an administrator and yet if I go to the user's icon I am the
    > only administrator user. Since I purchased this online and downloaded,
    > I am concerned if I uninstall it as to how I will reinstall it. Is
    > there an installation directory or file I need to move somewhere else
    > so when I uninstall it that I will be able to reinstall it?
    >
    > Thank you in advance.
    >
    > Chuck

    search for vbox folder - that has the subscription/download info and any
    files you downloaded.
    symantec support will have articles on this.

    --
    Rev Robert M Jones - http://www.wimborne-baptist.org.uk
    remove the obvious to reply by email

    Robert M Jones, Sep 7, 2003
  4. Chuck wrote us:
    >Hi!
    >I recently had to upgrade my motherboard due to a surge. I then had to
    >rebuild XP Pro to get it to recognize the new board. Everything runs
    >fine except NAV 2003. When I try to run a Full System Scan it says I
    >am not an administrator and yet if I go to the user's icon I am the
    >only administrator user. Since I purchased this online and downloaded,
    >I am concerned if I uninstall it as to how I will reinstall it. Is
    >there an installation directory or file I need to move somewhere else
    >so when I uninstall it that I will be able to reinstall it?
    >Thank you in advance.

    Hi Chuck,
    Be carefull!!!!!!
    If you uninstall NAV2003 then you can't re-install it anymore without having
    EVERYTHING in memory and registers EVERYWHERE cleaned out.
    Otherwise you will always get the message that there is another version
    running and the install program stops and it's over.

    Try to get a trustable registercleaner such as JV16. Alltough Spybot would
    do the job either but then you really have to know what you are doing.

    I once did the job by hand!!!!!!!! Afterwards I knew what an idiot I was.
    So don't start with "regedit" caus it cost you a lot of time, anger and
    still you won't probably reached the goal you were going for.

    Gerard

    Gerard de Gooier, Sep 7, 2003
  5. Chuck

    Kraftee Guest

    Gerard de Gooier wrote:
    > Chuck wrote us:
    >> Hi!
    >> I recently had to upgrade my motherboard due to a surge. I then
    >> had to rebuild XP Pro to get it to recognize the new board.
    >> Everything runs fine except NAV 2003. When I try to run a Full
    >> System Scan it says I am not an administrator and yet if I go to
    >> the user's icon I am the only administrator user. Since I
    >> purchased this online and downloaded, I am concerned if I
    >> uninstall it as to how I will reinstall it. Is there an
    >> installation directory or file I need to move somewhere else so
    >> when I uninstall it that I will be able to reinstall it?
    >> Thank you in advance.

    > Hi Chuck,
    > Be carefull!!!!!!
    > If you uninstall NAV2003 then you can't re-install it anymore
    > without having EVERYTHING in memory and registers EVERYWHERE
    > cleaned out.

    Funny that I had to do an uninstall & reinstall of Nortons 2003
    (System works, this included AV & also the seperate Firewall), long
    story won't bore you with, & from start to finish (uninstall,
    reinstall & updates) didn't take me more than 30 minutes. No
    regediting, no manual deletions, no problems, just did it the way
    you're supposed to..

    Yes you may have had problems but that doesn't mean that everybody
    else does....
    --
    B-)
    Life is pain.....

    Kraftee, Sep 7, 2003
  6. Chuck

    Chuck Guest

    Thank you all for the help.

    I uninstalled it, found the vbox subdirectory, reinstalled it and have
    had no problems since.

    Chuck

    Chuck, Sep 28, 2003