    Norton won't advise me that updates are ready for download.

    In options I have a check mark in Automatic Live Update "on ".

    Thanks Tom
    tflfb, Nov 20, 2003

  2. tflfb

    Guest

    On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 15:46:47 -0600, "tflfb" <> wrote:

    >Norton 2003 Anti virus Windows XP home.
    >

    >Norton won't advise me that updates are ready for download.
    >
    >In options I have a check mark in Automatic Live Update "on ".
    >
    >Thanks Tom

    Under Options - Live Update, you can choose whether to enable, apply
    without interrupting, or notify when updates are available.

    But my experience is that you are right. With my older version, I
    could see my little Norton Icon in the system tray visually showing me
    that an update is occurring. On my current version, I don't see that,
    and it leaves me kind of queasy about whether it is really working.

    So, every couple of days, I force an update just to be sure.

    Roy - Carpe Noctem
    , Nov 20, 2003