    record. I don't want to stop bloodhound virus reconition unless I
    relly have to.

    thanks in advance.
    P_J_G, Sep 8, 2004

  2. P_J_G

    °Mike° Guest

    Get rid of the Norton virus that you've installed.

    KAV (Kaspersky)
    http://www.kaspersky.com/

    On 8 Sep 2004 14:16:12 -0700, in
    <>
    P_J_G scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Sep 8, 2004

  3. P_J_G

    Smoker Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > Get rid of the Norton virus that you've installed.

    Agreed, Norton is the worst virus you will ever pay for.

    Smoker, Sep 8, 2004
  4. P_J_G

    Buffalo Guest

    "P_J_G" <> wrote in message
    > I have recently installed linux on my system and am doing a dual

    boot
    > with windows xp. The problem is norton anti virus keeps telling me
    > that my bootloader is a virus and tries to repair it

    (bloodhound.mbr)
    > problem is that the anti virus keeps killing the MBR so that my
    > computer will not boot (although I know how get my computer to boot
    > again), Is there any way of stoping the anti virus damaging my boot
    > record. I don't want to stop bloodhound virus reconition unless I
    > relly have to.
    >
    > thanks in advance.

    Hopefully someone will answer your question properly.
    Have you tried emailing Symantec?
    Try going to the Symantec website and using their FAQs.
    It should workable.
    Have you tried setting it so that Norton first asks you what to do
    (Options) before it does anything?
    Hopefully someone who has had the same experience will have the
    answer.
    PS: Answers like Get rid of Norton really suck
    (although it may be reasonable advice).
    Buffalo, Sep 8, 2004
  5. Buffalo wrote:

    <snip>
    > PS: Answers like Get rid of Norton really suck
    > (although it may be reasonable advice).

    "may be reasonable" but "really suck"? What's wrong with letting someone
    who doesn't know better than all the marketing hype that Norton
    Antivirus is a piece of shit?
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Sep 9, 2004
  6. P_J_G

    Old Gringo Guest

    Rôgêr wrote:
    > Buffalo wrote:
    >

    > <snip>
    >
    >> PS: Answers like Get rid of Norton really suck
    >> (although it may be reasonable advice).

    > "may be reasonable" but "really suck"? What's wrong with letting someone
    > who doesn't know better than all the marketing hype that Norton
    > Antivirus is a piece of shit?

    Who does have the best Anti Virus protection program?

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Old Gringo, Sep 9, 2004
  7. P_J_G

    roach Guest

    "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    > Rôgêr wrote:
    >> Buffalo wrote:
    >>

    >> <snip>
    >>
    >>> PS: Answers like Get rid of Norton really suck
    >>> (although it may be reasonable advice).

    >> "may be reasonable" but "really suck"? What's wrong with letting someone
    >> who doesn't know better than all the marketing hype that Norton
    >> Antivirus is a piece of shit?
    >>

    > Who does have the best Anti Virus protection program?
    >
    > --

    I find mcafees security suite 8 has everything norton has and more
    with hardly any resource loss

    roach
    roach, Sep 9, 2004
  8. P_J_G

    Zebud Guest

    "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message

    > Who does have the best Anti Virus protection program?

    I have found AVG to be a good program have not been infected since
    installing it 2 years now.
    Zebud, Sep 9, 2004
  9. Old Gringo wrote:

    > Who does have the best Anti Virus protection program?

    My opinion is eTrust is still top dog, although there's a few things
    about the newest version I'm not exactly thrilled with. Kaspersky looks
    awfully good too. For a free check up from time to time I really like
    Trend Housecall.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Sep 9, 2004
  10. P_J_G

    °Mike° Guest

    Answers like yours suck even more and are,
    frankly, laughable. BWAHAHAHA.....etc.

    On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 22:37:29 GMT, in
    <JQL%c.1211$MQ5.1164@attbi_s52>
    "Buffalo" <eric(nospam)@nada.com.invalid> scrawled:

    <snip>

    °Mike°, Sep 9, 2004
  11. P_J_G

    °Mike° Guest

    On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 23:48:42 GMT, in
    <uTM%c.17994$>
    Old Gringo scrawled:

    >Rôgêr wrote:
    >> Buffalo wrote:
    >>

    >> <snip>
    >>
    >>> PS: Answers like Get rid of Norton really suck
    >>> (although it may be reasonable advice).

    >> "may be reasonable" but "really suck"? What's wrong with letting someone
    >> who doesn't know better than all the marketing hype that Norton
    >> Antivirus is a piece of shit?
    >>

    >Who does have the best Anti Virus protection program?

    Kaspersky, without a doubt.
    http://www.kaspersky.com/

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Sep 9, 2004
  12. P_J_G

    °Mike° Guest

    On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 01:36:24 GMT, in
    <ssO%c.362338$gE.1315@pd7tw3no>
    Zebud scrawled:

    >"Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> Who does have the best Anti Virus protection program?

    >I have found AVG to be a good program have not been infected since
    >installing it 2 years now.

    AVG has a free version, that is ALL that can be
    said in a good light about it.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Sep 9, 2004