norton anti-virus?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by joevan, May 26, 2004.

  1. joevan

    joevan Guest

    On Thu, 27 May 2004 20:56:44 +0100, "anOLDun"
    <> wrote:

    >Lo All
    >
    >OS = winME
    >Norton Anti - Virus = 9.05.15
    >Emails = outlook express
    >
    >Hope you can sort-out a "query" for me.....
    >
    >I am being inundated with with emails carrying virus', which Norton find and
    >delete before any damage is done. The problem is it tells me EVERY single
    >time it deletes one or fixes one.
    >
    >I have looked everywhere to see if Norton will delete/fix but NOT tell me. I
    >cannot leave the pc when I am DL emails as they stop DL until i have clicked
    >on the "FINISH" button on the Norton Scan summary pop-up window.
    >
    >Any ideas on how to get Norton to continue to function but NOT keep telling
    >me what it has done every single time?
    >

    >Cheers

    Boring, yawn.
    joevan

    joevan, May 26, 2004

  2. joevan

    °Mike° Guest

    You're not likely to get any sensible answers by
    setting your clock one day in the future.

    Please adjust your clock.

    On Thu, 27 May 2004 20:56:44 +0100, in
    <c92u5u$hpg$>
    anOLDun scrawled:

    >Lo All
    >
    >OS = winME
    >Norton Anti - Virus = 9.05.15
    >Emails = outlook express
    >
    >Hope you can sort-out a "query" for me.....
    >
    >I am being inundated with with emails carrying virus', which Norton find and
    >delete before any damage is done. The problem is it tells me EVERY single
    >time it deletes one or fixes one.
    >
    >I have looked everywhere to see if Norton will delete/fix but NOT tell me. I
    >cannot leave the pc when I am DL emails as they stop DL until i have clicked
    >on the "FINISH" button on the Norton Scan summary pop-up window.
    >
    >Any ideas on how to get Norton to continue to function but NOT keep telling
    >me what it has done every single time?
    >

    >Cheers

    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, May 26, 2004

  3. joevan

    anOLDun Guest

    Hi Mike

    My apologies.

    I never touch the "clock" - no need to so i have no idea how that happened.
    However, many thanks for pointing it out.

    Cheers

    anOLDun, May 26, 2004
  4. joevan

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "anOLDun" <> wrote in message
    > Lo All
    >
    > OS = winME
    > Norton Anti - Virus = 9.05.15
    > Emails = outlook express
    >
    > Hope you can sort-out a "query" for me.....
    >
    > I am being inundated with with emails carrying virus', which Norton find

    and
    > delete before any damage is done. The problem is it tells me EVERY single
    > time it deletes one or fixes one.
    >
    > I have looked everywhere to see if Norton will delete/fix but NOT tell me.

    > cannot leave the pc when I am DL emails as they stop DL until i have

    clicked
    > on the "FINISH" button on the Norton Scan summary pop-up window.
    >
    > Any ideas on how to get Norton to continue to function but NOT keep

    telling
    > me what it has done every single time?
    >

    > Cheers

    I agree that it's annoying. I've tried a number of things, and I don't think
    Norton provides that option. I've thought about setting up a filter for it,
    but haven't bothered.

    Toolman Tim, May 27, 2004
  5. joevan

    Helen Zass Guest

    You must have touched the clock, its correct now.....

    Helen Zass, May 27, 2004
  6. I like it when people touch my clock....

    John Paul Jones, May 27, 2004
  7. joevan

    Alien Zord Guest

    "anOLDun" <> wrote in message

    > I have looked everywhere to see if Norton will delete/fix but NOT tell me.

    > cannot leave the pc when I am DL emails as they stop DL until i have

    clicked
    > on the "FINISH" button on the Norton Scan summary pop-up window.

    Obviously not looked in Options, Email and ticking "Repair then silently
    delete (or quarantine) if unsuccessful".

    Alien Zord, May 27, 2004
  8. joevan

    Wendell Guest

    Alien Zord wrote:
    > "anOLDun" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I have looked everywhere to see if Norton will delete/fix but NOT tell me.

    >>cannot leave the pc when I am DL emails as they stop DL until i have

    > clicked
    >
    >>on the "FINISH" button on the Norton Scan summary pop-up window.
    >>

    > Obviously not looked in Options, Email and ticking "Repair then silently
    > delete (or quarantine) if unsuccessful".

    This is ticked on mine but the problem remains.
    Aggravating.

    Wendel

    Wendell, May 27, 2004
  9. joevan

    Ryan 8088 Guest

    Nice way to keep it at the top of the list though.

    Ryan 8088, May 27, 2004
  10. joevan

    Brian Guest

    "anOLDun" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Lo All
    >
    > OS = winME
    > Norton Anti - Virus = 9.05.15
    > Emails = outlook express
    >
    > Hope you can sort-out a "query" for me.....
    >
    > I am being inundated with with emails carrying virus', which Norton find

    and
    > delete before any damage is done. The problem is it tells me EVERY single
    > time it deletes one or fixes one.
    >
    > I have looked everywhere to see if Norton will delete/fix but NOT tell me.

    > cannot leave the pc when I am DL emails as they stop DL until i have

    clicked
    > on the "FINISH" button on the Norton Scan summary pop-up window.
    >
    > Any ideas on how to get Norton to continue to function but NOT keep

    telling
    > me what it has done every single time?
    >

    > Cheers

    wow!! norten anti virus still number one in the hitlist ;)

    Brian, May 27, 2004
  11. joevan

    ImhoTech Guest

    "John Paul Jones" <> wrote in message
    > I like it when people touch my clock....

    Really? I actually would prefer that other people touch it, rather than have
    to touch it myself.

    anOLDun, May 27, 2004
  13. joevan

    anOLDun Guest

    Aside from the "i want my clock touched, or not as the case may be" posts

    Many thanks for the replies.

    i have ckecked the " ......and slilently delete" option - however, i still
    get the pop-up......

    I get the impression that "norton" is not popular - that being the case
    anyone wanna recommend a better anti virus checker?????????

    cheers

    anOLDun, May 27, 2004