    not removing it before upgrading to XP. I loaded XP as a clean install on a
    new hard drive with NTFS partitions. Everything else works OK, except the
    Norton product. Any surefire ways to get around this?

    Mitchell Greer, Dec 5, 2003

  2. Mitchell  Greer

    Boomer Guest

    "Mitchell Greer" <> wrote in
    news:iRQzb.28720$:

    > Does anyone have any idea how to get Norton SystemWorks 2004 to
    > install on Windows XP Home? Apparently, there is some problem with
    > this program that even Symantec has a huge number of help guides.
    > It appears to install OK, but after installing you get a message
    > that says there was in "internal error" and directs you to
    > uninstall/reinstall the program, which I did 3 times with no
    > success. Most of Symantec's guides com from the perspective that
    > an older version was not first full uninstalled before upgrading,
    > or not removing it before upgrading to XP. I loaded XP as a clean
    > install on a new hard drive with NTFS partitions. Everything else
    > works OK, except the Norton product. Any surefire ways to get
    > around this?

    Hi

    I'll give it a shot, even though I wouldn't have a Norton/Symantec
    product on my HDD.

    Have you used a registry cleaner before trying to reinstall?
    And when you did try to install did you shut down your firewall and any
    other programs that might be running in the background?

    No pirated software on your hard drive? Viruses? Have all Windows XP
    updates now?

    Have you searched the archive at Google for XP/Norton fixes?
    <http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search?hl=en>

    Or asked at an XP group?

    Boomer, Dec 5, 2003

  3. Mitchell  Greer

    °Mike° Guest

    Symantec had a problem with activation codes. It might be
    worth pursuing.

    On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 01:05:18 GMT, in
    <iRQzb.28720$>
    Mitchell Greer scrawled: