    Files\Spyware Nukeinstaller.exe
    Thanks,
    Nadine
    nadine, Sep 26, 2003

  2. nadine

    °Mike° Guest

    Do *not* rely on Norton for spyware deletion, for the same reason
    you should not rely on a spyware remover to detect/delete viruses.

    Anti-spyware:
    ---------------------
    Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    http://www.safer-networking.org/

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    Spyware Blaster

    HijackThis
    http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/

    On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 17:48:11 -0400, in
    <>
    nadine scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Sep 26, 2003

  3. nadine

    Jerry G. Guest

    Try disabling the System Recovery options in the properties of My Computer.
    Run the scanner, and then tell it to delete what it wants to. You may have
    to run the scanner while in the safe mode.

    If you can take a record of the file names, you can also boot from a system
    disk, and then go in at the system level. You should be able to manually
    delete the files.

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com
    Instruments http://www.zoom-one.com/glgtech.htm

    Jerry G., Sep 26, 2003
  4. nadine

    °Mike° Guest

    Don't give up your day job.

    On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 18:31:02 -0400, in
    <bl2en8$e26$>
    Jerry G. scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Sep 26, 2003
  5. nadine

    Plato Guest

    nadine wrote:

    > I have Windows XP Home Edition and I just installed, without any problems
    > Norton Anti Virus 2004
    > One of the features is spyware detection...........found one and could not

    No its not. Its just a half ass feature added to help sell the product.
    Dont trust nortons for spyware ever.

    It's common knowledge that Symamtec wants to be everything to everybody.
    In the end if you trust that marketing poo-poo you end up in deep
    excriment.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Sep 26, 2003
  6. nadine

    ripper Guest

    I have to agree. Avoid Norton & McAfee products.
    I do remember in the good old days of DOS & Win 3.1 when Norton Utilities
    was a necessity.
    But now - Oh No! Lost count of how many computer repairs I have done due to
    the uninitiated having installed Norton or McAfee.

    ripper, Sep 26, 2003
  7. nadine

    Alan Guest

    theres nothing wrong wtih nortons products (but mcafee i wouldnt even
    consider touching). i use norton systemworks without any issues, and i
    would gladly swear my life on nortons anti-virus products. as for spyware
    i'd use spybots search and destroy, as this finds things that even as-aware
    doesnt pickup.

    alan

    Alan, Sep 27, 2003
  8. nadine

    monique Guest

    i used Norton and McFee
    i kept getting viruses 2 or 3 times a month
    they would detect the virus but could not get rid of it
    so i got rid of the anti-virus a year ago and i have been fine
    except now i have the flood of fake micrisoft e-mail

    moniquew

    monique, Sep 27, 2003
  9. nadine

    Ava Keech Guest

    > i would gladly swear my life on nortons anti-virus products.

    Well... your life isn't worth much anyway.
    Ava Keech, Sep 27, 2003
  10. nadine

    Plato Guest

    Alan wrote:

    > theres nothing wrong wtih nortons products (but mcafee i wouldnt even
    > consider touching). i use norton systemworks without any issues, and i
    > would gladly swear my life on nortons anti-virus products. as for spyware
    > i'd use spybots search and destroy, as this finds things that even as-aware
    > doesnt pickup.

    ad-adware can, and often does, pick up stuff that spybot didn't see. It
    really depends on the PC you are using. No one app is 100%. No one app
    is 95% either.

    I fully agree tho, without even hesitation, that Nortons is WAY better
    for anti-virus over McAfee. I can prove this with real data also.
    Plato, Sep 28, 2003