    it says the subscription is due in April next year. Will I have to
    pay twice? Any advice would be appreciated.

    Thanks Pauline
    Paula, May 2, 2004

  2. Paula

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Paula" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello, I run Norton Professional 2004 on my Windows 98s machine. I
    > originally installed and registered Norton in November 2003. A few
    > weeks ago I formatted my hard disk and reloaded Windows. In the
    > process also re-installed Norton, but during the Norton setup I was
    > told the disk wouldn't work after so many days if I didn't register.
    > I wasn't sure what to do, as I had already previously registered, but
    > clicked OK and allowed the program to be registered a second time. Now
    > it says the subscription is due in April next year. Will I have to
    > pay twice? Any advice would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks Pauline

    Nope. If you used the same e-mail address they may contact you to renew, but
    ignore the second one. As long as the subscription date shown in Norton
    doesn't expire, you're gonna be fine.
    Toolman Tim, May 2, 2004

  3. Paula

    anon Guest

    No
    When you reinstall Norton the 12 month free update period start afresh

    anon, May 2, 2004
  4. Paula

    The Prophecy Guest

    Actually when you reinstall after wiping your hard drive, only then does the
    update period get reset.

    The Prophecy, May 2, 2004
  5. Paula

    Toolman Tim Guest

    The older versions could uninstall and reinstall and get you another year
    <g>. Maybe they finally fixed that in version 2004?

    Toolman Tim, May 2, 2004
  6. Paula

    The Prophecy Guest

    I think they fixed that in 2003... although i'm not entirely sure.

    The Prophecy, May 3, 2004