    here know how to do it?
    --
    Alasdair.

    Alasdair, Mar 23, 2009

  2. Alasdair

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 15:47:57 +0000, Alasdair <>
    wrote:

    >I renewed my subscription to Norton 360 Internet Protection for a
    >year. I was forced to give a continuing authority on my credit card
    >to renew the subscription annually for evermore. Norton said that I
    >could cancel this auto renewal after I had subscribed but I cannot
    >find how to do it. Dr. Norton certainly doesn't make it easy. Anyone
    >here know how to do it?

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=norton 360 cancel renewal&btnG=Google Search&aq=f&oq=

    Google results for Norton 360 cancel renewal.

    Evan Platt, Mar 23, 2009

  3. Alasdair

    walter Guest

    Alasdair wrote:

    > I renewed my subscription to Norton 360 Internet Protection for a
    > year. I was forced

    You weren't "forced" to do anything. You could have told them to shove it
    up their ass right then and there, and you should have.

    > to give a continuing authority on my credit card
    > to renew the subscription annually for evermore. Norton said that I
    > could cancel this auto renewal after I had subscribed but I cannot
    > find how to do it. Dr. Norton certainly doesn't make it easy. Anyone
    > here know how to do it?

    In the US? Yeah. Call your credit card company's toll-free number and tell
    them you wish to dispute any future auto-payments to Norton/Symantec.

    The payments will STOP immediately.

    Norton/Symantec then has two options. Reply to the 'dispute' (probably
    citing breach of contract on your part) and either enter arbitration, or let
    it go.

    From there, what happens is up to the arbitrator if Norton/Symantec chooses
    to persue, rather than let go.

    walter, Mar 23, 2009
  4. Alasdair

    G. Morgan Guest

    Alasdair wrote:

    >I renewed my subscription to Norton 360 Internet Protection for a
    >year. I was forced to give a continuing authority on my credit card
    >to renew the subscription annually for evermore. Norton said that I
    >could cancel this auto renewal after I had subscribed but I cannot
    >find how to do it. Dr. Norton certainly doesn't make it easy. Anyone
    >here know how to do it?

    Call the number for Symantec that is on your CC statement. The same thing
    happened to someone I know and the number on the CC statement goes right to
    the operators dealing with subscription payments.

    G. Morgan, Mar 23, 2009
  5. Alasdair

    Kenneth Guest

    On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 17:35:28 +0000 (UTC), G. Morgan
    <> wrote:

    >Alasdair wrote:
    >
    >>I renewed my subscription to Norton 360 Internet Protection for a
    >>year. I was forced to give a continuing authority on my credit card
    >>to renew the subscription annually for evermore. Norton said that I
    >>could cancel this auto renewal after I had subscribed but I cannot
    >>find how to do it. Dr. Norton certainly doesn't make it easy. Anyone
    >>here know how to do it?

    >Call the number for Symantec that is on your CC statement. The same thing
    >happened to someone I know and the number on the CC statement goes right to
    >the operators dealing with subscription payments.

    Howdy,

    I will add something to this:

    A while back, one of our machines showed a dialog indicating
    that a Norton AV product licence was soon to expire.

    It had a button to "Renew" and I absentmindedly clicked it.

    A few days later the same thing happened on another of our
    seven office systems with the same result.

    But when the renewal came up on a third machine, I noticed
    something:

    The renewal started on the day the button was clicked, NOT
    the day that the license being renewed was to expire.

    The renewal reminder dialog was set to appear 30 days prior
    to the license expiration, so Norton was, in effect, selling
    (to those foolish enough to click the button when it first
    appeared) an 11 month license for the price of a full year.

    Quite a stunt if you ask me...

    It was a bit of a hassle to get refunds on all of our
    machines, but well worth the time.

    All the best,
    --
    Kenneth

    Kenneth, Mar 23, 2009
  6. Alasdair

    Alasdair Guest

    On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 12:28:10 -0400, "walter" <>
    wrote:

    >In the US? Yeah. Call your credit card company's toll-free number and tell
    >them you wish to dispute any future auto-payments to Norton/Symantec.

    I'm in the UK and here it is very difficult to stop continuing
    authorities on credit cards.

    --
    Alasdair.

    Alasdair, Mar 23, 2009
  7. In article <>
    Alasdair <> wrote:

    > On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 12:28:10 -0400, "walter" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >In the US? Yeah. Call your credit card company's toll-free number and tell
    > >them you wish to dispute any future auto-payments to Norton/Symantec.

    > I'm in the UK and here it is very difficult to stop continuing
    > authorities on credit cards.
    >
    > --
    > Alasdair.

    That may be because the world bank and your government want to keep track of
    you. You_do_know that Symantec 360 goes with you wherever you go on the
    internet and logs it all, forever, don't you? hmmmmmm? Didn't read the
    privacy policy? Bweeeeeeeeha ha ha ha ha ha

    Dave U. Random, Mar 24, 2009
  8. Alasdair

    1D1OT Guest

    "G. Morgan" <> wrote in message
    > Alasdair wrote:
    >
    >>I renewed my subscription to Norton 360 Internet Protection for a
    >>year. I was forced to give a continuing authority on my credit card
    >>to renew the subscription annually for evermore. Norton said that I
    >>could cancel this auto renewal after I had subscribed but I cannot
    >>find how to do it. Dr. Norton certainly doesn't make it easy. Anyone
    >>here know how to do it?

    > Call the number for Symantec that is on your CC statement. The same thing
    > happened to someone I know and the number on the CC statement goes right
    > the operators dealing with subscription payments.

    And when you call, tell them I said they're a bunch of fucking scumbags.

    1D1OT, Mar 24, 2009