    question is do i uninstall 2004 before installing 2005?

    Thank you to anybody that will help me.

    Joan

    Joan and Alan, Sep 14, 2005

  2. Joan and Alan

    Tomislav Guest

    I've got similar problems with Symantec Antivirus Corporate edition: it
    won't perform any updates. Usually I do the following:

    1. Uninstall it
    2. Delete manually remaining files from HDD
    3. WIth RegCleaner ( now RegSupreme ) remove any references from registry
    4. Restart
    5. Install new version

    I hope that will work. Good luck.

    Tom

    "Joan and Alan" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have purchased Norton Internet Security 2005, which includes firewall

    and
    > antivirus software. I have 2004 which expires on 9/18/2005. For some

    reasons

    Tomislav, Sep 14, 2005

  3. Joan and Alan

    nemo_outis Guest

    > "Joan and Alan" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I have purchased Norton Internet Security 2005, which includes firewall

    > and
    >> antivirus software. I have 2004 which expires on 9/18/2005. For some

    > reasons
    >> I could not get their live updates down loaded for about 3 weeks. My
    >> question is do i uninstall 2004 before installing 2005?
    >>
    >> Thank you to anybody that will help me.
    >>
    >> Joan

    For "deep" removal of recent Norton programs (spit!) you should use
    Symantec's special "SymNRT" program (use RNAV2003.exe for older versions).

    See the following for the story (URL will likely wrap):

    Removing your Norton program using SymNRT
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039?
    Open&src=&docid=2001092114452606
    &nsf=nav.nsf&view=docid&dtype=&prod=&ver=&osv=&osv_lvl=

    Note that there are a number of illegal (but very convenient :) patches
    out there that will extend your Liveupdate subscriptions for decades into
    the future. I'll leave it your conscience (and pocketbook) whether you
    wish to pursue this avenue.

    Regards,

    nemo_outis, Sep 14, 2005
  4. Joan and Alan

    Apollo Guest

    "nemo_outis" <> wrote in message

    > For "deep" removal of recent Norton programs (spit!) you should
    > use
    > Symantec's special "SymNRT" program (use RNAV2003.exe for older
    > versions).
    >
    > See the following for the story (URL will likely wrap):
    >
    > Removing your Norton program using SymNRT
    > http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039?
    > Open&src=&docid=2001092114452606
    > &nsf=nav.nsf&view=docid&dtype=&prod=&ver=&osv=&osv_lvl=

    A handy hint;

    Enclose the URL with "quotes" when you paste it and the wrap won't
    break.

    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPOR...sf&view=docid&dtype=&prod=&ver=&osv=&osv_lvl=

    Ian

    Apollo, Sep 14, 2005
  5. Joan and Alan

    nemo_outis Guest

    "Apollo" <ian_dunbar6@hot[un-munge-me]mail.com> wrote in

    > "nemo_outis" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> For "deep" removal of recent Norton programs (spit!) you should
    >> use
    >> Symantec's special "SymNRT" program (use RNAV2003.exe for older
    >> versions).
    >>
    >> See the following for the story (URL will likely wrap):
    >>
    >> Removing your Norton program using SymNRT
    >> http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162
    >> 039? Open&src=&docid=2001092114452606
    >> &nsf=nav.nsf&view=docid&dtype=&prod=&ver=&osv=&osv_lvl=
    >>

    > A handy hint;
    >
    > Enclose the URL with "quotes" when you paste it and the wrap won't
    > break.
    >
    > http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/20050331081620
    > 39?Open&src=&docid=2001092114452606&nsf=nav.nsf&view=docid&dtype=&prod=
    > &ver=&osv=&osv_lvl=
    >

    > Ian

    "Thanks" :)

    Regards,