    the sample database in my situation? Any suggestions are
    highly appreciated!

    JJ
    Jessica, Feb 12, 2004

  2. Jessica

    Kumar Reddi Guest

    You sure Northwind database got installed on your computer? I dont remember
    if SQL Server 2000 install north wind when you do the Client Tools
    configuration..You can check it in the server explorer in your Visual Studio
    ..NET IDE.
    If north wind did not get installed, you need to install north wind
    database using OSQL utility. you need to run the sql script file located in
    the following folder, if you installed Visual studio .net to its default
    location.
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\SDK\v1.1\Samples\Setup

    run the "instnwnd.sql" file using the following command

    osql -E -S <ServerName> -i InstNwnd.sql

    Replace the ServerName with your machine name, if you are installing the
    database on SQL Server 2000, or use MachineName\VSDOTNET for MSDE assuming
    VSDOTNET is the instance name of MSDE

    Have fun
    kumar

    Kumar Reddi, Feb 12, 2004

  3. Jessica

    Guest Guest

    Works now. Thanks a lot! I had been struggling for two
    days, stupid me.

    JJ

    Guest, Feb 12, 2004