    to get my emails
    going again, i can recieve but not send from time to time

    milo
    milo, May 10, 2004

  2. milo

    Thor Guest

    "milo" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > g'day, im having on/off trouble with nortan 2002 antivirus not sending my
    > emails
    > keeps saing something about connectins or something like that any ideas

    how
    > to get my emails
    > going again, i can recieve but not send from time to time

    probably easier just to disable the email scanner in the Norton antivirus
    settings. The email scan is redundant anyway. You are still covered by the
    auto-protect component of the antivirus program. The email scanner merely
    allows Norton to handle viruses in email messages as they are downloading,
    rather than when a virus tries to execute on the system.
    Thor, May 10, 2004

  3. milo

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Thor" <> wrote in news::

    > probably easier just to disable the email scanner in the Norton
    > antivirus settings. The email scan is redundant anyway. You are still
    > covered by the auto-protect component of the antivirus program. The
    > email scanner merely allows Norton to handle viruses in email messages
    > as they are downloading, rather than when a virus tries to execute on
    > the system.

    I entirely agree. I don't know how many times I day I hear "I can't send
    email, what's wrong with your service!?" and after we disable norton or
    mcafee's email scanning components, boom, problem solved.

    --
    website: http://www.demonlag.com
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    DeMoN LaG, May 10, 2004