NORMAN Malware Cleaner

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Greg House, Jul 26, 2007.

  1. Greg House

    Greg House Guest

    Greg House, Jul 26, 2007

  2. Greg House

    lolinternet Guest

    Greg House wrote:
    > I used this today on a PC that would not run Ad-Aware with out rebooting or AVG, but this ran and
    > removed stacks of stuff, Root kit and Viruses, after using it I could then run Ad-Aware 2007 and
    > found some 76 other bits, 3 has red warnings. ie dataminer etc.

    Hmm... used to use Norman on a production mail pool for AV scanning and
    it was worse than useless :-/

    Maybe they got better.

    lolinternet, Jul 26, 2007

  3. Greg House

    Nighthawk Guest

    On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 22:47:03 +1200, lolinternet <> wrote:

    >Greg House wrote:
    >> I used this today on a PC that would not run Ad-Aware with out rebooting or AVG, but this ran and
    >> removed stacks of stuff, Root kit and Viruses, after using it I could then run Ad-Aware 2007 and
    >> found some 76 other bits, 3 has red warnings. ie dataminer etc.

    >Hmm... used to use Norman on a production mail pool for AV scanning and
    >it was worse than useless :-/
    >
    >Maybe they got better.

    One time Norman antivirus was rated the best.

    Nighthawk, Jul 26, 2007
  4. Greg House

    none Guest

    Nighthawk wrote:
    > One time Norman antivirus was rated the best.

    'twas lightweight and fast to run, but they were as slow as hell at
    getting updated defs out.

    none, Jul 27, 2007