    our camp in the desert but the volume levels vary so much it's a pain.

    TIA

    JohnF
    JohnF, Dec 4, 2006

  2. JohnF <> wrote in
    news::

    > What do you guys use to normalizing mp3's?
    > I save my files to a USB flash drive to play on an FM broadcaster at
    > our camp in the desert but the volume levels vary so much it's a pain.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > JohnF

    http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/index.php

    Instead of raising your hand to ask a question in class;
    how about individual pushbuttons on each desk?
    That way, when you want to ask a question,
    you just push the button and it lights up a corresponding number
    on a tote board at the front of the class.
    Then all the professor has to do is check the lighted number
    against a master sheet of names to see who is asking the question.
    Bucky Breeder, Dec 4, 2006

  3. JohnF

    Alf Guest

    "JohnF" <> wrote in message
    > What do you guys use to normalizing mp3's?
    > I save my files to a USB flash drive to play on an FM broadcaster at
    > our camp in the desert but the volume levels vary so much it's a pain.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > JohnF

    It is easier to fit a compressor/limiter to the transmitter audio input. Or
    use Sound Solution if playing MP3 files through it.
    Alf, Dec 4, 2006
  4. JohnF

    thanatoid Guest

    JohnF <> wrote in

    > What do you guys use to normalizing mp3's?
    > I save my files to a USB flash drive to play on an FM
    > broadcaster at our camp in the desert but the volume levels
    > vary so much it's a pain.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > JohnF

    Everybody always recommends mp3gain. I've tried it and it did
    not impress me. mpTrim RULES. (It used to be called mp3Trim.)
    There is a Pro version, it's expensive, but WELL worth it IMO.

    http://www.mptrim.com/

    --
    Violent disagreements and the usual abuse expected and welcomed.
    thanatoid, Dec 5, 2006
  5. JohnF

    don ward Guest

    All a "normalizing" function does it bring the loudest peaks to "0" or
    some other defined peak level. It will do nothing about leveling the
    difference between the loudest and softest music... whats soft will stay
    soft and loud will be loud...
    What you can do is split the files into individual tracks and
    "normalize" each track that way all the loudest passages will be the
    same.
    Or use something like Enhanced Audio DC6 which has a compression
    function where yo ucan level out the music so it is more or less even.
    Hope this helps

    dnw
    don ward, Dec 5, 2006
  6. JohnF

    Frosty Guest

    On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 17:21:22 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk a thought
    sat on JohnF <>'s chest like a vulture, I
    said "Pluck It! And with the feather I'll tickle your throat and you
    can throw it up to me" Said he "I shall" & thus puked:

    >What do you guys use to normalizing mp3's?
    >I save my files to a USB flash drive to play on an FM broadcaster at
    >our camp in the desert but the volume levels vary so much it's a pain.
    >
    >TIA
    >
    >JohnF

    I don't normalize.
    I just put the playback volume levels to 10 and go with it.
    Frosty, Dec 6, 2006
  7. JohnF

    semi-one Guest

    On Tue, 05 Dec 2006 23:07:11 -0500, Frosty <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 17:21:22 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk a thought
    >sat on JohnF <>'s chest like a vulture, I
    >said "Pluck It! And with the feather I'll tickle your throat and you
    >can throw it up to me" Said he "I shall" & thus puked:
    >
    >>What do you guys use to normalizing mp3's?
    >>I save my files to a USB flash drive to play on an FM broadcaster at
    >>our camp in the desert but the volume levels vary so much it's a pain.
    >>
    >>TIA
    >>
    >>JohnF
    >>

    >I don't normalize.
    >I just put the playback volume levels to 10 and go with it.

    Try this:
    http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/
    It's a great program.

    Regards
    semi-one, Dec 6, 2006
  8. JohnF

    George Guest

    semi-one wrote:
    :: On Tue, 05 Dec 2006 23:07:11 -0500, Frosty <>
    :: wrote:
    ::
    ::: On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 17:21:22 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk a thought
    ::: sat on JohnF <>'s chest like a vulture, I
    ::: said "Pluck It! And with the feather I'll tickle your throat and you
    ::: can throw it up to me" Said he "I shall" & thus puked:
    :::
    :::: What do you guys use to normalizing mp3's?
    :::: I save my files to a USB flash drive to play on an FM broadcaster
    :::: at our camp in the desert but the volume levels vary so much it's
    :::: a pain.
    ::::
    :::: TIA
    ::::
    :::: JohnF
    ::::
    ::: I don't normalize.
    ::: I just put the playback volume levels to 10 and go with it.
    ::
    ::
    :: Try this:
    :: http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/
    :: It's a great program.
    ::
    :: Regards

    I use jet audio.
    George, Dec 6, 2006
  9. JohnF

    JohnF Guest

    Got it, used it, works great
    Thanks Bucky

    JohnF

    JohnF, Dec 20, 2006
  10. >>JohnF <> wrote in

    > Got it, used it, works great
    > Thanks Bucky
    >
    > JohnF

    Props out to the folks at MP3Gain!

    Thank you for the feedback.
    Don't you just love it when the
    free stuff actually works good? (o:

    If someone told me it wasn't "fashionable" to talk about certain things,
    I think I'd just have to look him square in the eye and say,
    "Okay, THEN YOU TELL ME what's 'fashionable'."

    Oh, but he won't. And do you know why?
    Because you can't effectively ask someone "What's fashionable"
    in a smart-alecky way like that.

    You have to smile, be really friendly and say,
    "By the way then, just what is fashionable?"
    Bucky Breeder, Dec 20, 2006