Norah Jones (OT) proves MPAA full of CRAP!

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Larry, Feb 22, 2004.

  1. Larry

    Larry Guest

    Just noticed a little piece in the paper about Norah Jones new CD selling a million
    copies in less than a week.

    Just goes to show you "If you sing it - they will buy". Shows me that good quality
    music STILL sells the crap out of CDs to the general public.

    If you want to cater to TEENS your music is gonna get downloaded, but if you put out
    an album for a little more sophisticated audience, they will go to the store in droves to buy
    the original disk.

    I heard her first album from a download, liked it, bought it.. Same with the new one..
    QUALITY SELLS, Crappolla from the likes of the teen queen crowd is doomed to download only.

    As for the Teen Queens, Thier Pepsi Adverts dont stop me from buying Pepsi, but thier music
    keeps me from buying thier disks.

    --
    Larry Lynch
    Mystic, Ct.

    Larry, Feb 22, 2004

  2. Larry

    melodium Guest

    > As for the Teen Queens, Thier Pepsi Adverts dont stop me from buying

    Pepsi, but thier music
    > keeps me from buying thier disks.

    or indeed, from listening to their music on purpose, i trust

    melodium, Feb 22, 2004

  3. In article <>,
    Larry <> wrote:

    > As for the Teen Queens, Thier Pepsi Adverts dont stop me from buying Pepsi,
    > but thier music
    > keeps me from buying thier disks.

    THIER R other grups too putt offtopik shit like this in. Asswhole.

    Urra Dipschitt, Feb 22, 2004
  4. Larry

    Guest

    On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 06:46:20 -0500, Larry <> wrote:

    > Just noticed a little piece in the paper about Norah Jones new CD selling a million
    >copies in less than a week.

    A million copies were nothing back in the 80s. Glad you like her.
    She's the new Harry Cornick Jr., good for 2 albums top.

    , Feb 22, 2004
  5. Larry

    Mark Jones Guest

    "Larry" <> wrote in message
    > Just noticed a little piece in the paper about Norah Jones new CD selling

    a million
    > copies in less than a week.
    >
    > Just goes to show you "If you sing it - they will buy". Shows me that

    good quality
    > music STILL sells the crap out of CDs to the general public.

    What does the MPAA have to do with music CD's?

    Mark Jones, Feb 22, 2004
  6. Larry

    Richard C. Guest

    :
[...]
    ====================
    I bought it.
    I am, however, pissed that by the end of March it will come out in a SACD/CD hybrid.
    That is what they did with the first one. I ended up buying it twice.

    Oh well............ One for Home and one for the vacation
    house..........................
    =====================

    Richard C., Feb 22, 2004
  7. Larry

    Justin Guest

    [OT] CD/SACD Hyrbrids was Re: Norah Jones (OT) proves MPAA full of CRAP!

    Richard C. wrote on [Sun, 22 Feb 2004 09:26:52 -0800]:
    > ====================
    > I bought it.
    > I am, however, pissed that by the end of March it will come out in a SACD/CD hybrid.

    So, these hyrbids, they work in normal CD players, right?

    Justin, Feb 22, 2004
  8. From on top of The Wall I yelled "YOU! YES YOU Richard C.
    <>! Stand still laddie. Oh, and which one is Pink?"
    > I bought it.
    > I am, however, pissed that by the end of March it will come out in a
    > SACD/CD hybrid. That is what they did with the first one. I ended up
    > buying it twice.

    That's why I haven't bought her new CD yet is because I had a
    feeling a SACD/CD hybrid was right around the corner.

    Patience does pay off in this case. :)

    --
    Demolition Man
    A reminder to the world....

    Demolition Man, Feb 22, 2004
  9. Re: [OT] CD/SACD Hyrbrids was Re: Norah Jones (OT) proves MPAA full of CRAP!

    From on top of The Wall I yelled "YOU! YES YOU Justin
    <>! Stand still laddie. Oh, and which one is Pink?"
    > Richard C. wrote on [Sun, 22 Feb 2004 09:26:52 -0800]:
    >> ====================
    >> I bought it.
    >> I am, however, pissed that by the end of March it will come out in a
    >> SACD/CD hybrid.

    > So, these hyrbids, they work in normal CD players, right?]

    Yes they will.

    Demolition Man, Feb 22, 2004
  10. Larry

    Larry Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > THIER R other grups too putt offtopik shit like this in. Asswhole.

    Yup, and I clearly labeled the post OT so that ingnoramuses like you
    could ignore it you ill educated non spelling ignorant ****!
    --
    Larry Lynch
    Lasting Imagery

    et

    Larry, Feb 22, 2004
  11. Larry

    Justin Guest

    Larry wrote on [Sun, 22 Feb 2004 18:59:42 GMT]:
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >> THIER R other grups too putt offtopik shit like this in. Asswhole.
    >>

    > Yup, and I clearly labeled the post OT so that ingnoramuses like you
    > could ignore it you ill educated non spelling ignorant ****!

    You do realise that he was commenting on spelling errors in your
    original post, right?

    It's t h E I r

    And why did you start an OT thread about NOTHING TO DO WITH DVD
    WHATSOEVER?

    Justin, Feb 22, 2004
  12. Larry

    Larry Guest

    In article <_r5_b.3632$>,
    says...
    > What does the MPAA have to do with music CD's?

    They are CLOSELY relating thier "lets not give the consumer a good high
    def version of the movie campaign" to the RIAA complaint that "nobody
    buys music if they can download it" campaign.

    I should think you would understand the relavence.

    They dont want to help develop HD DVD or anything better than what we
    now have without absolute guarantees that we couldnt copy, archive or
    swap files....

    Its a slowdown in development caused by an imagined piracy problem.

    The PRO-pirates that sell 1000's of bootleg DVDs are the problem, and
    will continue to be the problem. NOT THE HOME USER!

    Thats what makes me consider it relavent.

    Sorry if you dont agree.

    But then again it your opinion, which (thankfully) you may express
    without offending me.
    --
    Larry Lynch
    Lasting Imagery

    et

    Larry, Feb 22, 2004
  13. Larry

    Larry Guest

    In article <4038e58e$0$204$>, post-
    says...
    > I bought it.
    > I am, however, pissed that by the end of March it will come out in a SACD/CD hybrid.
    > That is what they did with the first one. I ended up buying it twice.
    >
    > Oh well............ One for Home and one for the vacation
    > house..........................
    > =====================

    I got 2 of each, one for car, one for house (and burned a copy for the
    player in the office at work) guilty me!
    --
    Larry Lynch
    Lasting Imagery

    et

    Larry, Feb 22, 2004
  14. Larry

    jonalouvjona Guest

    Yes, the MPAA and RIAA and the SPAA, all tend to overexaggerate their
    monetary loses and their contributions to politicians allow their
    exaggerations to be taken seriously in court. But, you know the
    saying ... "no justice, no peace!"

    jonalouvjona, Feb 22, 2004
  15. Larry

    Justin Guest

    jonalouvjona wrote on [Sun, 22 Feb 2004 11:55:07 -0800]:
    > Yes, the MPAA and RIAA and the SPAA, all tend to overexaggerate their
    > monetary loses and their contributions to politicians allow their
    > exaggerations to be taken seriously in court. But, you know the
    > saying ... "no justice, no peace!"

    They overexaggerate and they miscount. They seem to believe that every
    downloaded item is a sale lost, for one.

    Justin, Feb 22, 2004
  16. Larry

    Larry Guest

    In article <2go.com>, says...
    > Larry wrote on [Sun, 22 Feb 2004 18:59:42 GMT]:
    > > In article <>,
    > > says...
    > >> THIER R other grups too putt offtopik shit like this in. Asswhole.
    > >>

    > > Yup, and I clearly labeled the post OT so that ingnoramuses like you
    > > could ignore it you ill educated non spelling ignorant ****!

    > You do realise that he was commenting on spelling errors in your
    > original post, right?
    >
    > It's t h E I r
    >
    > And why did you start an OT thread about NOTHING TO DO WITH DVD
    > WHATSOEVER?

    My speling aside! why do you oprn a post from me that is clearly labeled OT ???? If you dont
    want to read it DONT!

    Larry, Feb 22, 2004
  17. Larry

    Larry Guest

    In article <>, says...
    > A million copies were nothing back in the 80s. Glad you like her.
    > She's the new Harry Cornick Jr., good for 2 albums top.

    Well, maybe she will stick to music and NOT act on TV or take a bunch of minor movie roles.
    That COULD keep her in music for a while.

    --
    Larry Lynch
    Mystic, Ct.

    Larry, Feb 22, 2004
  18. Larry

    Justin Guest

    Larry wrote on [Sun, 22 Feb 2004 16:09:11 -0500]:
    > In article <2go.com>, says...
    >> Larry wrote on [Sun, 22 Feb 2004 18:59:42 GMT]:
    >> > In article <>,
    >> > says...
    >> >>

    >> > Yup, and I clearly labeled the post OT so that ingnoramuses like you
    >> > could ignore it you ill educated non spelling ignorant ****!

    >> You do realise that he was commenting on spelling errors in your
    >> original post, right?
    >>
    >> It's t h E I r
    >>
    >> And why did you start an OT thread about NOTHING TO DO WITH DVD
    >> WHATSOEVER?
    >>

    > My speling aside! why do you oprn a post from me that is clearly labeled OT ???? If you dont
    > want to read it DONT!

    How does one oprn a post?

    If you have to start a thread labeled OT then you are clearly in the
    WRONG PLACE to start that thread.

    Or maybe we should just have ONE newsgroup and have ALL messages there?

    Justin, Feb 22, 2004
  19. >> As for the Teen Queens, Thier Pepsi Adverts dont stop me from buying
    >Pepsi, but thier music
    >> keeps me from buying thier disks.

    >or indeed, from listening to their music on purpose, i trust

    ... and to drive someone towards Coca-Cola. - Reinhart

    LASERandDVDfan, Feb 22, 2004
  20. Larry

    DarkMatter Guest

    On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 06:46:20 -0500, Larry <> Gave us:

    >As for the Teen Queens, Thier Pepsi Adverts dont stop me from buying Pepsi, but thier music
    >keeps me from buying thier disks.

    And their messages typically keep the kids listening to their tripe
    from gaining any proper neural pathways to adulthood.

    DarkMatter, Feb 22, 2004