    When I take a screenshot, can someone tell me where it saves to? Told ya it
    was a noob question.
    Thx.

    coolie, Jul 5, 2003

  2. coolie

    Patrick Guest

    coolie wrote:
    > When I take a screenshot, can someone tell me where it saves to? Told
    > ya it was a noob question.
    > Thx.

    A screenshot is saved to the Clipboard, open your graphics program select
    Edit menu and paste, however if paste is greyed-out, select File-menu, New
    (picture), then Edit>Paste again.
    OK

    Patrick, Jul 5, 2003

  3. coolie

    °Mike° Guest

    It's sent (copied) to the clipboard (usually a place in RAM),
    from where you can paste it into your favourite graphics program.
    If you copy anything else to the clipboard, the screenshot
    will be overwritten by the new 'copy'.

    On Sat, 05 Jul 2003 20:05:44 GMT, in
    <Xns93AFA3B963B68urasshotmailcom@66.185.95.104>
    coolie scrawled:

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD

    °Mike°, Jul 5, 2003
  4. coolie

    coolie Guest

    °Mike° <> wrote in news:3f0e3eb8.5921627
    @localhost.dot.net:

    > It's sent (copied) to the clipboard (usually a place in RAM),
    > from where you can paste it into your favourite graphics program.
    > If you copy anything else to the clipboard, the screenshot
    > will be overwritten by the new 'copy'.
    >

    > On Sat, 05 Jul 2003 20:05:44 GMT, in
    > <Xns93AFA3B963B68urasshotmailcom@66.185.95.104>
    > coolie scrawled:
    >
    >>When I take a screenshot, can someone tell me where it saves
    >>to? Told ya it was a noob question.
    >>Thx.

    So does my photoshop have to be open when I take it? Also I still don't see
    where the clipboard is located

    coolie, Jul 5, 2003
  5. coolie

    Shep© Guest

    On Sat, 05 Jul 2003 21:49:32 GMT, In this world we created coolie
    <> wrote :

    >°Mike° <> wrote in news:3f0e3eb8.5921627
    >@localhost.dot.net:
    >
    >> It's sent (copied) to the clipboard (usually a place in RAM),
    >> from where you can paste it into your favourite graphics program.
    >> If you copy anything else to the clipboard, the screenshot
    >> will be overwritten by the new 'copy'.
    >>

    >> On Sat, 05 Jul 2003 20:05:44 GMT, in
    >> <Xns93AFA3B963B68urasshotmailcom@66.185.95.104>
    >> coolie scrawled:
    >>
    >>>When I take a screenshot, can someone tell me where it saves
    >>>to? Told ya it was a noob question.
    >>>Thx.

    >So does my photoshop have to be open when I take it? Also I still don't see
    >where the clipboard is located

    No.It doesn't have to be open.The Clipboard hidden utility/ram-cache
    that holds data.In win9X/ME you can install the,"Clipboard Viewer" to
    see what's in it at any given time from the Control panel/Add Remove
    Programs/Windows Setup/System Tools/Details

    There are also 3rd party replacements that offer more functionality,
    http://tinyurl.com/g3z8

    HTH :)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    Free songs download,

    Shep©, Jul 5, 2003
  6. coolie

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sat, 05 Jul 2003 21:49:32 GMT, in
    <Xns93AFB552AC314urasshotmailcom@66.185.95.104>
    coolie scrawled:

    >°Mike° <> wrote in news:3f0e3eb8.5921627
    >@localhost.dot.net:
    >
    >> It's sent (copied) to the clipboard (usually a place in RAM),
    >> from where you can paste it into your favourite graphics program.
    >> If you copy anything else to the clipboard, the screenshot
    >> will be overwritten by the new 'copy'.
    >>

    >> On Sat, 05 Jul 2003 20:05:44 GMT, in
    >> <Xns93AFA3B963B68urasshotmailcom@66.185.95.104>
    >> coolie scrawled:
    >>
    >>>When I take a screenshot, can someone tell me where it saves
    >>>to? Told ya it was a noob question.
    >>>Thx.

    >So does my photoshop have to be open when I take it? Also I
    >still don't see where the clipboard is located

    Nothing has to be open when you take a screenshot - other than
    that which you are taking a screenshot of.

    The clipboard is just a place in RAM where Windows temporarily
    holds anything that is copied to it. It's not stored as a
    file on the hard drive, if that's what you think. For instance,
    if you highlighted this text and pressed CTRL+C, that would
    copy the highlighted text to a special place in RAM, called
    the clipboard. If you then opened Notepad and pressed CTRL+V,
    Windows would then paste the contents of that special place
    in RAM into notepad. The clipboard is intelligent enough so
    that an image (screenshot, for instance) obviously could not
    be pasted into Notepad, and equally, a piece of text could
    not be pasted as an image (but it could as text) into Photoshop.
    So, the clipboard is located in RAM, wherever Windows needs
    it to be.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jul 5, 2003