    to setup the link correctly. I am about to do it the manual way (via many
    command lines) unless someone can give me some insight into what exactly it
    means when the VPN wizard talks about "Traffic to be protected"? Thanks.

    Thomas F. Miller, Jun 6, 2005

  2. In article <ay1pe.618$>,
    Thomas F. Miller <> wrote:
    :I am having trouble with the VPN Wizard on the Pix 501.

    :unless someone can give me some insight into what exactly it
    :means when the VPN wizard talks about "Traffic to be protected"? Thanks.

    "Traffic to be protected" is the traffic that will be sent through
    the VPN tunnel.

    : 192.168.1.X-->Pix 501 w/Static IP from ISP-->Pix 501 w/Static IP from
    : ISP-->192.168.2.X

    In the case of the first PIX, it would be
    source 192.168.1.x 255.255.255.0 destination 192.168.2.0 255.255.255.0

    in the case of the second PIX, reverse the source and destination.

    You will also need to ensure that address translation is turned off
    for that traffic. I seem to recall there's a radio button in the
    VPN Wizard to take care of that, but I don't use the VPN Wizard
    much so I don't recall the exact mechanism.
    -- Christopher Priest

    Walter Roberson, Jun 8, 2005