    but no 'retry/resend' option.

    Any idea what to do in a situation like this?

    tia, -Peter
    Peter Huebner, Mar 18, 2012

  2. Peter Huebner

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Peter Huebner wrote:
    > Perforce we've acquired a 'smartphone' to replace the mobile that
    > telecom is soon going to switch off.
    >
    > So I'm a total noob when it comes to using Android (apps).
    >
    > What happened is this; I typed in a txt message.
    > I pressed 'send' but I didn't have signal at that moment.
    > Got an error message. ok.
    >
    > Got myself to where I had signal but there's no way I could figure out
    > how to try to re-send that message. I can call it up all right as it's
    > been typed in. It's got a red exclamation mark on the message screen.
    > The send button is 'greyed out' and does not respond. Trying to hold
    > down on the message gives me a context menu - delete, add to contacts,
    > but no 'retry/resend' option.
    >
    > Any idea what to do in a situation like this?

    Try forwarding it to the same number as you tried to send to? Just guessing
    here. <shrug>
    --
    Shaun.

    cozy little classification in the DSM."
    David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)
    ~misfit~, Mar 19, 2012

  3. Peter Huebner

    JohnO Guest

    On Mar 18, 6:21 pm, Peter Huebner <> wrote:
    > Perforce we've acquired a 'smartphone' to replace the mobile that
    > telecom is soon going to switch off.
    >
    > So I'm a total noob when it comes to using Android (apps).
    >
    > What happened is this; I typed in a txt message.
    > I pressed 'send' but I didn't have signal at that moment.
    > Got an error message. ok.
    >
    > Got myself to where I had signal but there's no way I could figure out
    > how to try to re-send that message. I can call it up all right as it's
    > been typed in. It's got a red exclamation mark on the message screen.
    > The send button is 'greyed out' and does not respond. Trying to hold
    > down on the message gives me a context menu - delete, add to contacts,
    > but no 'retry/resend' option.
    >
    > Any idea what to do in a situation like this?
    >
    > tia,  -Peter

    IIRC on my Samsung Galaxy S2 phone I can press and hold on the sent
    message bubble and get a 'resend' option.

    Here's my question - how do I turn off the damn music when the phone
    is powered up? Everything I've found on google so far involves nasty
    low level hacking!
    JohnO, Mar 19, 2012
  4. Peter Huebner

    Richard Guest

    On 3/19/2012 4:42 PM, JohnO wrote:

    > IIRC on my Samsung Galaxy S2 phone I can press and hold on the sent
    > message bubble and get a 'resend' option.
    >
    > Here's my question - how do I turn off the damn music when the phone
    > is powered up? Everything I've found on google so far involves nasty
    > low level hacking!

    Have it on silent before you turn it off.
    Richard, Mar 19, 2012
  5. Peter Huebner

    JohnO Guest

    On Mar 19, 8:04 pm, Richard <> wrote:
    > On 3/19/2012 4:42 PM, JohnO wrote:
    >
    > > IIRC on my Samsung Galaxy S2 phone I can press and hold on the sent
    > > message bubble and get a 'resend' option.

    > > Here's my question - how do I turn off the damn music when the phone
    > > is powered up? Everything I've found on google so far involves nasty
    > > low level hacking!

    > Have it on silent before you turn it off.

    That does work but often it turns off by running out of battery so I
    miss the chance.
    JohnO, Mar 19, 2012