    So any help from knowledgeable folks would be appreciated

    rgds
    Roberto
    Roberto le Cornielle, Jun 6, 2009

  2. Hi
    Try first with the Wireless security Off in the Wireless Router.
    Also check this, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928233
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack [MVP-Networking], Jun 6, 2009

  3. Jack thanks for the link to the MS article, I will try the registry
    hack, yes I always setup Wi-Fi connections with no security set
    initially just in case there are problems such as this.
    But I have never seen the "hidden network" msg before, so I am
    wondering if this is a Vista thing and some setting are amiss
    somewhere ?. What are your thoughts.

    Roberto

    Roberto le Cornielle, Jun 7, 2009
  4. Problem has been fixed, by updating the Atheros Wi-Fi drivers.
    Which is surprising considering this is a new Notebook shouldn't
    they just work out of the box ?.

    rgds
    Roberto

    Roberto le Cornielle, Jun 14, 2009