NON-TRIPOD support for long lens

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Bob Williams, May 6, 2005.

  1. Bob Williams

    Bob Williams Guest

    wrote:
    > Earlier today I asked about support for a long lens. You kindly
    > referred me to places featuring tripods and accessories (B&H, Bogen,
    > Really Right Stuff). All of these had a variety of solutions, all
    > involving tripods. What i was looking for, and did not make clear in
    > the originaal message, was that I was looking for ways of providing
    > some support that does not involve a tripod. I cannot take a tripod
    > along. I have seen references to brackets or handles that provide some
    > steadiness for the hand-held camera. The question is, where can I find
    > such things for sale?
    >
    > Thanks for the help.
    > Mark Schupack

    I have successfully used two alternatives.
    1.) A "Bean bag"
    2.) A "C" clamp with a 1/4x20 bolt Welded/Soldered/Epoxied to the
    clamp. The bolt screws into the tripod socket of the camera or
    the long lens.
    Bob Williams

    Bob Williams, May 6, 2005