    Accounts.

    Not that it really matters, but why does this happen?

    Daddy
    Daddy, Oct 8, 2009

  2. Daddy

    Gordon Guest

    "Daddy" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > A question about Windows XP SP 3...something I've long wondered about:
    >
    > Even though a user can be assigned to any user group, the User Accounts
    > applet in Control Panel only seems to recognize users in the
    > Administrators or Users groups. For example, if I assign a user to the
    > Power Users group (and no other group), the user shows up as "Unknown
    > Account Type" in User Accounts.
    >
    > Not that it really matters, but why does this happen?
    >
    > Daddy

    No such thing as "Power Users" AFAIK.....
    Gordon, Oct 8, 2009

  3. Daddy

    Daddy Guest

    <embarassed> Sorry...wrong newsgroup! </embarassed>

    Daddy

    Daddy, Oct 8, 2009
  4. Hi
    http://www.workingbrain.net/network/Groups.jpg
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

    Jack [MVP-Networking], Oct 9, 2009
  5. Daddy

    Gordon Guest

    "Jack [MVP-Networking]" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > http://www.workingbrain.net/network/Groups.jpg
    > Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

    OK so there might BE something called "power users" but it is (IMHO) totally
    spurious. Either the User is a Standard User, or an Administrator. What's
    the point in having something in between?
    Gordon, Oct 9, 2009