    Anybody know of something else?....or the version of TP?

    --
    PeteCresswell
    (Pete Cresswell), Jan 2, 2004

  2. (Pete Cresswell)

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 22:53:39 GMT, in rec.photo.digital "(Pete Cresswell)"
    <> wrote:

    >A little twist on the oft-posted question.
    >
    >I'd like something that I could put on a CD as the startup app that would leave
    >the user in control instead of showing the pix on it's own.
    >
    >Seems to me like one of the earlier versions of ThumbsPlus could be installed
    >that way and their UI is what I'd consider optimal for the purpose.
    >
    >Anybody know of something else?....or the version of TP?

    Simple HTML albums of thumbs linked to larger copies?
    Or Irfanview?
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://members.cox.net/egruf
    See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
    http://members.cox.net/egruf-digicam
    Ed Ruf, Jan 2, 2004

  3. (Pete Cresswell)

    Johnny Guest

    In article <>, says...
    > A little twist on the oft-posted question.
    >
    > I'd like something that I could put on a CD as the startup app that would leave
    > the user in control instead of showing the pix on it's own.

    Create a web gallery to put on a CD, then configure the CD to autorun
    the web gallery. You can Google for instructions on how to create an
    autorun CD, and there are many web gallery creation programs including
    ThumbsPlus. My favorite web gallery application is "arles image web
    page creator", and has an option for creating an autorun CD, but I've
    never used it.

    Arles Image Web Page Creator:
    http://www.digitaldutch.com/

    Arles - create an autorun CD:
    http://www.digitaldutch.com/arles/faq.htm#autorun

    Galleries I have made:
    http://www.ushl.com/gallery/

    http://www.aspenphoto-omaha.com/galleries/family.htm

    http://www.elftmann.com/ushlgallery/expression/index.htm

    John
    Johnny, Jan 2, 2004
  4. (Pete Cresswell)

    Norm Guest

    Try this link for a free slideshow viewer. http://www.unidreamtech.com/
    You can create an autorunning cd with the application on it and the user
    would have complete control over the showing of the pictures.

    Norm, Jan 3, 2004
  5. "(Pete Cresswell)" <> wrote in message
    > A little twist on the oft-posted question.
    >
    > I'd like something that I could put on a CD as the startup app that would

    leave
    > the user in control instead of showing the pix on it's own.
    >
    > Seems to me like one of the earlier versions of ThumbsPlus could be

    installed
    > that way and their UI is what I'd consider optimal for the purpose.
    >
    > Anybody know of something else?....or the version of TP?
    >
    > --
    > PeteCresswell

    I use Jasc Paint Shop Photo Album. Some of the slide shows it makes cnage
    the pix automatically, but incluude a way for the viewer to stop, go back,
    etc. Others require the user to change the picture displayed. I like the
    flexibility it offers.
    Marvin Margoshes, Jan 3, 2004