    What might be the cause, if I can generalize?
    I have a Dell Dimension 2350 desktop with an XP Home operating system.
    Dodger

    dodger, Oct 15, 2007

  2. dodger

    meerkat Guest

    "dodger" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Of late I seem to be getting a LOT of "program not responding"s.. Is
    > it just me??/
    > What might be the cause, if I can generalize?
    > I have a Dell Dimension 2350 desktop with an XP Home operating
    > system.
    > Dodger

    Go have a look in your Event Viewer to see what errors/warnings
    are showing up.
    You can normally find some clues/errors there.
    bw..

    meerkat, Oct 15, 2007

  3. dodger

    dodger Guest

    On Oct 15, 3:47 pm, "meerkat" <> wrote:
    > "dodger" <> wrote in message
    >
    > news:...> Of late I seem to be getting a LOT of "program not responding"s.. Is
    > > it just me??/
    > > What might be the cause, if I can generalize?
    > > I have a Dell Dimension 2350 desktop with an XP Home operating
    > > system.
    > > Dodger

    > Go have a look in your Event Viewer to see what errors/warnings
    > are showing up.
    > You can normally find some clues/errors there.
    > bw..

    Without appearing "TOO" dumb.....may I ask what's an "event viewer'
    and how do I find it??????????????????????????
    ( i'm NOT particularly computer friendly)
    Thanks
    Dodger

    dodger, Oct 15, 2007
  4. dodger

    meerkat Guest

    "dodger" <> wrote in message
    > On Oct 15, 3:47 pm, "meerkat" <> wrote:
    >> "dodger" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> news:...> Of
    >> late I seem to be getting a LOT of "program not responding"s.. Is
    >> > it just me??/
    >> > What might be the cause, if I can generalize?
    >> > I have a Dell Dimension 2350 desktop with an XP Home operating
    >> > system.
    >> > Dodger

    >> Go have a look in your Event Viewer to see what errors/warnings
    >> are showing up.
    >> You can normally find some clues/errors there.
    >> bw..

    > Without appearing "TOO" dumb.....may I ask what's an "event viewer'
    > and how do I find it??????????????????????????
    > ( i'm NOT particularly computer friendly)
    > Thanks
    > Dodger

    Come on now, start learning <g>.
    Right click on My Computer.
    Manage.
    Click on the plus sign next to Event Viewer.
    You are interested in Apps, and System.
    Click on Apps, and the window will fill with data.
    If there are any errors or warnings, double click on the latest
    ones, and see what you can find out about them.

    Do the same procedure for System.

    Go boy Go.
    bw..

    meerkat, Oct 15, 2007
  5. dodger

    dodger Guest

    On Oct 15, 4:11 pm, "meerkat" <> wrote:
    > "dodger" <> wrote in message

    > > On Oct 15, 3:47 pm, "meerkat" <> wrote:
    > >> "dodger" <> wrote in message

    > >>news:...> Of
    > >> late I seem to be getting a LOT of "program not responding"s.. Is

    > >> Go have a look in your Event Viewer to see what errors/warnings
    > >> are showing up.
    > >> You can normally find some clues/errors there.
    > >> bw..

    > > Without appearing "TOO" dumb.....may I ask what's an "event viewer'
    > > and how do I find it??????????????????????????
    > > ( i'm NOT particularly computer friendly)
    > > Thanks
    > > Dodger

    > Come on now, start learning <g>.
    > Right click on My Computer.
    > Manage.
    > Click on the plus sign next to Event Viewer.
    > You are interested in Apps, and System.
    > Click on Apps, and the window will fill with data.
    > If there are any errors or warnings, double click on the latest
    > ones, and see what you can find out about them.
    >
    > Do the same procedure for System.
    >
    > Go boy Go.
    > bw..- Hide quoted text -

    ++++
    I got a bunch of information////now I gotta figure out what it means.
    Thanks
    Dodger

    dodger, Oct 15, 2007