    A Petro Guest

    Surely there must be a way of fixing constant Non Responding Programs. I am
    at my wit's end . Using Win XP pro
    A Petro, Sep 4, 2011

  2. A Petro

    Paul Guest

    A Petro wrote:
    > Surely there must be a way of fixing constant Non Responding Programs. I am
    > at my wit's end . Using Win XP pro

    Whatever the problem is, reinstalling Windows should fix it :)

    http://ask-leo.com/not_responding_what_does_it_mean_and_what_do_i_do_about_it.html

    "It almost boils down to "it could be anything", which is unfortunately
    fairly accurate. The actual cause, and the solution, will depend on the
    specifics of what you're seeing."

    Paul
    Paul, Sep 4, 2011

  3. "A Petro" <> wrote in message
    > Surely there must be a way of fixing constant Non Responding Programs. I
    > am
    > at my wit's end . Using Win XP pro

    We are at our wits end as well. There have been several replies to your
    original post that you have not even read.
    Jeff Strickland, Sep 4, 2011
  4. A Petro

    A Petro Guest

    "Jeff Strickland" <> wrote in message

    > "A Petro" <> wrote in message
    >> Surely there must be a way of fixing constant Non Responding Programs. I
    >> am
    >> at my wit's end . Using Win XP pro
    >>

    > We are at our wits end as well. There have been several replies to your
    > original post that you have not even read.

    I did not receive my original post. How can I get it.
    A Petro, Sep 4, 2011
  5. A Petro

    Julie Bove Guest

    "A Petro" <> wrote in message
    > Surely there must be a way of fixing constant Non Responding Programs. I
    > am
    > at my wit's end . Using Win XP pro

    I don't think there is a pat answer here. You haven't said which programs
    those are.
    Julie Bove, Sep 5, 2011
  6. A Petro

    Kele Guest

    A Petro, Maybe Jeff is thinking about all the other posts where you ask a
    question and get responses, but you never return to say it worked or not, or
    just an "ok".

    Your RAM is how much?

    Kele, Sep 5, 2011
  7. A Petro

    Kele Guest

    I see the same question you posted back on 6/8/2011. There are many answers
    and some questions to find out more from you.
    Kele, Sep 5, 2011
  8. A Petro

    A Petro Guest

    "Julie Bove" <> wrote in message

    > "A Petro" <> wrote in message
    >> Surely there must be a way of fixing constant Non Responding Programs. I
    >> am
    >> at my wit's end . Using Win XP pro

    > I don't think there is a pat answer here. You haven't said which programs
    > those are.

    It startsas soon as I open Internet explorer or Outlook express.
    A Petro, Sep 6, 2011
  9. A Petro

    Paul Guest

    A Petro wrote:
    > "Julie Bove" <> wrote in message
    >> "A Petro" <> wrote in message
    >>> Surely there must be a way of fixing constant Non Responding Programs. I
    >>> am
    >>> at my wit's end . Using Win XP pro

    >> I don't think there is a pat answer here. You haven't said which programs
    >> those are.
    >>

    > It starts as soon as I open Internet explorer or Outlook express.

    Those two programs use Internet connections. They might have proxy settings,
    to be used rather than direct connections.

    Maybe all of your Internet programs are doing that ? Does Firefox do that ?
    Does Opera do that ?

    The next step would be to look for an error console, a log file, or look
    for errors in Event Viewer, to see if the affected programs are
    making note of the problem or not. Perhaps a necessary Service is no
    longer running, that both programs need.

    Paul
    Paul, Sep 6, 2011
  10. A Petro

    me again Guest

    A Petro wrote:
    > "Julie Bove"<> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "A Petro"<> wrote in message
    >>> Surely there must be a way of fixing constant Non Responding Programs. I
    >>> am
    >>> at my wit's end . Using Win XP pro

    >> I don't think there is a pat answer here. You haven't said which programs
    >> those are.
    >>

    > It startsas soon as I open Internet explorer or Outlook express.

    Sounds like a virus or a piece of a virus. You need to be sure
    IE and OE are uptodate and computer scanned...
    me again, Sep 6, 2011
  11. "me again" <> wrote in message
    >A Petro wrote:
    >> "Julie Bove"<> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "A Petro"<> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> I don't think there is a pat answer here. You haven't said which
    >>> programs
    >>> those are.
    >>>

    >> It startsas soon as I open Internet explorer or Outlook express.
    >>

    > Sounds like a virus or a piece of a virus. You need to be sure
    > IE and OE are uptodate and computer scanned...

    +1 on the virual enhancement.
    Jeff Strickland, Sep 6, 2011