Non-printable characters in PDF files...

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Murgi, Jun 10, 2004.

  1. Murgi

    Murgi Guest

    Several clients have ben supplying translation work in PDF format. These are
    service manuals which contain lots of tables. The manufacturer puts red
    colored numbers beside each expression in the table. They are clearly
    visible, but don't show up on my laser printer copies (black&white).
    I can't ask the person who does the PDF numbering since there is an agency
    in between...

    Does anybody know how to input printable red numbers into a PDF file?...
    well, at least printable in black ink.
    I assume that the person who prepares the PDF file doesn't do it correctly.
    I'd like to tell the client how to do it correctly, so that I don't have to
    write all numbers by hand into the manuscript. It's a real pain in the neck.

    Any hint is appreciated.

    Murgi

    Murgi, Jun 10, 2004