    them but the thought of disposing them in the waste bin does not seem right.
    Is there anyone who would want them ?
    Blair
    bm, Sep 14, 2011

  2. bm

    otter Guest

    Re: Non Digital Cameras-How to dispose them?

    On Sep 14, 8:38 am, "bm" <> wrote:
    > I have 3 excellent non digital cameras and I know there is no demand for
    > them but the thought of disposing them in the waste bin does not seem right.
    > Is there anyone who would want them ?
    > Blair

    You can give them to Goodwill, or some place like that.
    otter, Sep 14, 2011

  3. bm

    J. Clarke Guest

    In article <j4qaol$b42$>, says...

    > I have 3 excellent non digital cameras and I know there is no demand for
    > them but the thought of disposing them in the waste bin does not seem right.
    > Is there anyone who would want them ?

    Ebay is always an option. Even if you don't get anything for the
    cameras you get the buyer to pay for carting them off.
    J. Clarke, Sep 14, 2011
  4. bm

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 14:38:23 +0100, "bm" <> wrote:
    : I have 3 excellent non digital cameras and I know there is no demand
    : for them but the thought of disposing them in the waste bin does not
    : seem right. Is there anyone who would want them ?

    See if your local high school or community college wants them. For reasons I
    don't entirely grasp, such institutions sometimes want to teach their
    photography students about film.

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Sep 15, 2011
  5. bm

    nick c Guest

    bm wrote:
    > I have 3 excellent non digital cameras and I know there is no demand for
    > them but the thought of disposing them in the waste bin does not seem right.
    > Is there anyone who would want them ?
    > Blair

    Although I have four digital cameras, a short time ago, I bought a Nikon
    F100 that was in absolute mint condition. Local camera stores still
    stock film and having film developed has not been a problem. There's
    something about B&W film that I don't see in digital. Anyway, I'm having
    fun the camera.
    nick c, Sep 15, 2011
  6. "nick c" <> wrote in message
    > bm wrote:

    > > I have 3 excellent non digital cameras and I know there is no demand for
    > > them but the thought of disposing them in the waste bin does not seem right.
    > > Is there anyone who would want them ?
    > > Blair

    > Although I have four digital cameras, a short time ago, I bought a Nikon
    > F100 that was in absolute mint condition. Local camera stores still
    > stock film and having film developed has not been a problem. There's
    > something about B&W film that I don't see in digital. Anyway, I'm having
    > fun [with] the camera.

    I have several mint or VERY near mint film cameras I will NOT
    "give" away - they are worth more as nice reminders of an age
    of an earlier imaging type. I have Nikon FG, FA, N2000, N8008,
    and F100 bodies, all great for some types of photography! ;-)
    Oh, and then there is also the Voightlander Bessa, with the
    12mm lens on it...;-)
    --DR
    David Ruether, Sep 15, 2011
  7. bm

    nick c Guest

    David Ruether wrote:

    > "nick c" <> wrote in message
    >> bm wrote:

    >> > I have 3 excellent non digital cameras and I know there is no demand

    >> for
    >> > them but the thought of disposing them in the waste bin does not

    >> seem right.
    >> > Is there anyone who would want them ?
    >> > Blair

    >> Although I have four digital cameras, a short time ago, I bought a Nikon
    >> F100 that was in absolute mint condition. Local camera stores still
    >> stock film and having film developed has not been a problem. There's
    >> something about B&W film that I don't see in digital. Anyway, I'm having
    >> fun [with] the camera.

    > I have several mint or VERY near mint film cameras I will NOT
    > "give" away - they are worth more as nice reminders of an age
    > of an earlier imaging type. I have Nikon FG, FA, N2000, N8008,
    > and F100 bodies, all great for some types of photography! ;-)
    > Oh, and then there is also the Voightlander Bessa, with the
    > 12mm lens on it...;-)
    > --DR

    I fully accept the ease and technical wonders of digital photography as
    opposed to the era of film but I have to say, in my opinion, I think
    film with its subtle capability, was a more artistically creative media
    which depended upon the technical knowledge and intuitiveness of the
    photographer.
    nick c, Sep 15, 2011
  8. bm

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 16:31:04 +0000, "David Ruether" <>
    wrote:
    :
    :
    : "nick c" <> wrote in message
    : news:j4s3dh$bmu$:
    : > bm wrote:
    :
    : > > I have 3 excellent non digital cameras and I know there is no demand for
    : > > them but the thought of disposing them in the waste bin does not seem right.
    : > > Is there anyone who would want them ?
    : > > Blair
    :
    : > Although I have four digital cameras, a short time ago, I bought a Nikon
    : > F100 that was in absolute mint condition. Local camera stores still
    : > stock film and having film developed has not been a problem. There's
    : > something about B&W film that I don't see in digital. Anyway, I'm having
    : > fun [with] the camera.
    :
    : I have several mint or VERY near mint film cameras I will NOT
    : "give" away - they are worth more as nice reminders of an age
    : of an earlier imaging type. I have Nikon FG, FA, N2000, N8008,
    : and F100 bodies, all great for some types of photography! ;-)
    : Oh, and then there is also the Voightlander Bessa, with the
    : 12mm lens on it...;-)
    : --DR

    My wife and I have a ghastly Statue-of-Liberty radio that my mother gave us at
    the time of the U.S. Bicentennial in 1976. But we recognized immediately that
    it's a prime example of over-the-top Bicentennial kitsch, and we have
    preserved it in mint condition in its original package. I predict that someday
    our grandchildren will cash it in for a princely sum.

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Sep 15, 2011
  9. "Robert Coe" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 16:31:04 +0000, "David Ruether" <>
    > wrote:
    > : "nick c" <> wrote in message
    > : news:j4s3dh$bmu$:
    > : > bm wrote:

    > : > > I have 3 excellent non digital cameras and I know there is no demand for
    > : > > them but the thought of disposing them in the waste bin does not seem right.
    > : > > Is there anyone who would want them ?
    > : > > Blair

    > : > Although I have four digital cameras, a short time ago, I bought a Nikon
    > : > F100 that was in absolute mint condition. Local camera stores still
    > : > stock film and having film developed has not been a problem. There's
    > : > something about B&W film that I don't see in digital. Anyway, I'm having
    > : > fun [with] the camera.

    > : I have several mint or VERY near mint film cameras I will NOT
    > : "give" away - they are worth more as nice reminders of an age
    > : of an earlier imaging type. I have Nikon FG, FA, N2000, N8008,
    > : and F100 bodies, all great for some types of photography! ;-)
    > : Oh, and then there is also the Voightlander Bessa, with the
    > : 12mm lens on it...;-)
    > : --DR

    > My wife and I have a ghastly Statue-of-Liberty radio that my mother gave us at
    > the time of the U.S. Bicentennial in 1976. But we recognized immediately that
    > it's a prime example of over-the-top Bicentennial kitsch, and we have
    > preserved it in mint condition in its original package. I predict that someday
    > our grandchildren will cash it in for a princely sum.
    >
    > Bob

    8^)
    So, I see that you've been watching too many episodes of
    "Pawn Stars", "American Pickers", "Antiques Roadshow", etc.
    Sometimes "junque" really is junk...;-) (Although the
    rusted out, holey, beaten-up stuff pulled out of falling-
    down barns, etc. on "American Pickers" and supposedly
    regularly sold for high prices does make one wonder...;-)
    --DR
    David Ruether, Sep 16, 2011
  10. bm

    tony cooper Guest

    On Fri, 16 Sep 2011 14:16:56 +0000, "David Ruether"
    <> wrote:

    >So, I see that you've been watching too many episodes of
    >"Pawn Stars", "American Pickers", "Antiques Roadshow", etc.
    >Sometimes "junque" really is junk...;-) (Although the
    >rusted out, holey, beaten-up stuff pulled out of falling-
    >down barns, etc. on "American Pickers" and supposedly
    >regularly sold for high prices does make one wonder...;-)
    >--DR

    What I would love to do is follow those guys on "American Pickers" and
    photograph some of the rusted out stuff and falling-down barns.
    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Sep 16, 2011
  11. bm

    PeterN Guest

    On 9/16/2011 10:20 AM, tony cooper wrote:
    > On Fri, 16 Sep 2011 14:16:56 +0000, "David Ruether"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> So, I see that you've been watching too many episodes of
    >> "Pawn Stars", "American Pickers", "Antiques Roadshow", etc.
    >> Sometimes "junque" really is junk...;-) (Although the
    >> rusted out, holey, beaten-up stuff pulled out of falling-
    >> down barns, etc. on "American Pickers" and supposedly
    >> regularly sold for high prices does make one wonder...;-)
    >> --DR

    > What I would love to do is follow those guys on "American Pickers" and
    > photograph some of the rusted out stuff and falling-down barns.

    that surprises me. I figgered you would like to photograph the people
    they meet. ;-)

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Sep 16, 2011
  12. bm

    bob Guest

    >I have 3 excellent non digital cameras and I know there is no demand for
    >them but the thought of disposing them in the waste bin does not seem
    >right. Is there anyone who would want them ?

    If you have canon cameras, you can trade them in (but that's not how canon
    calls it) and get a 20% discount off canon refurbished digital cameras.
    Canon will recycle the cameras.

    Look up canon loyalty program. The original intention of this program is to
    give a user an alternative to repairing his old canon camera. However, some
    people would buy broken canon cameras from ebay just to get this discount.

    Also, once in a while costco runs an electronics buy back program. However,
    they only buy back stuff no more than a few years old -- stuff they can
    resell.
    bob, Sep 16, 2011