    I'm temped to try, but perhaps someone has done it before....?

    grtz
    frans
    frans, Mar 2, 2004

  2. frans

    Sorby Guest

    "frans" <> wrote in message
    news:4044d8b1$0$575$4all.nl...
    > Does somebody know what will happen when I use a Vivitar (for
    > Nikon)-dedicated (external mounted) flash on a Canon Powershot G5?
    > Canon writes of course that flashes made by other manufacturers may cause

    > camera malfunction (-damage it permanently?)
    > I'm temped to try, but perhaps someone has done it before....?

    This has been asked here very recently ...
    http://tinyurl.com/254ov

    HTH

    --
    Sorby
    Sorby, Mar 2, 2004

  3. frans

    John Navas Guest

    In <4044d8b1$0$575$4all.nl> on Tue, 2 Mar 2004 19:53:57 +0100,
    "frans" <> wrote:

    >Does somebody know what will happen when I use a Vivitar (for
    >Nikon)-dedicated (external mounted) flash on a Canon Powershot G5?
    >Canon writes of course that flashes made by other manufacturers may cause a
    >camera malfunction (-damage it permanently?)
    >I'm temped to try, but perhaps someone has done it before....?

    Why not check with the maker of the non-Canon flash? ;-)

    --
    Best regards,
    John Navas
    John Navas, Mar 2, 2004
  4. frans

    Mark B. Guest

    http://www.botzilla.com/photo/g1strobe.html
    Mark B., Mar 2, 2004
  5. frans

    frans Guest

    "Mark B." <> schreef in bericht
    > "frans" <> wrote in message
    > > Does somebody know what will happen when I use a Vivitar (for
    > > Nikon)-dedicated (external mounted) flash on a Canon Powershot G5?
    > > Canon writes of course that flashes made by other manufacturers may

    cause
    > > camera malfunction (-damage it permanently?)
    > > I'm temped to try, but perhaps someone has done it before....?
    > >
    > > grtz
    > > frans
    > >

    > http://www.botzilla.com/photo/g1strobe.html

    Thanks for the info!