    find this info on Canon web site

    TIA

    Digi
    digiboy, Dec 18, 2003

  2. digiboy

    Jim Waggener Guest

    "digiboy" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Does the 300D have a movie mode? Limit on time if it does? I can't
    > find this info on Canon web site
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Digi

    no, it does not

    Jim Waggener, Dec 18, 2003

  3. digiboy

    WoZ Guest

    No it doesn't. Sorry

    WoZ, Dec 18, 2003
  4. In article <>,
    (digiboy) wrote:

    > Does the 300D have a movie mode? Limit on time if it does? I can't
    > find this info on Canon web site
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Digi

    No. The 300D doesn't use the image sensor for composure, metering, or
    autofocus. As a result, it has a still image sensor. The benfit is
    that perfect composure is optical, the camera's reaction time is
    lightning fast, and the image sensor doesn't have extra circuits
    crowding out the light sensors.

    Whether or not that's a good compromise depends on how you want to use
    the camera. I have to admit that a video mode can be fun sometimes.
    Kevin McMurtrie, Dec 19, 2003
  5. digiboy

    GAH Guest

    As everyone else has said... "no"...but an added note: No model of true
    "digital SLR" has a movie mode.

    Greg

    GAH, Dec 19, 2003
  6. digiboy

    Guest

    In message <>,
    (digiboy) wrote:

    >Does the 300D have a movie mode? Limit on time if it does? I can't
    >find this info on Canon web site

    At this point in time, none of the high-end digital still cameras have
    realtime video feeds coming off their sensors, and the sensor is only
    exposed to light during the exposure time.
    --

    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
    John P Sheehy <>
    ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>><
    , Dec 19, 2003
  7. digiboy

    Guest

    In message <>,
    Kevin McMurtrie <> wrote:

    >Whether or not that's a good compromise depends on how you want to use
    >the camera. I have to admit that a video mode can be fun sometimes.

    I certainly hope to see the consumer digicam paradigm find its way into
    the high-end market one day. There are things about the low-end cameras
    that are better in principal (though current implementation may be
    lacking) than the film-SLR-with-sensor model.
    --

    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
    John P Sheehy <>
    ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>><
    , Dec 19, 2003
  8. digiboy

    Bill Guest

    I never thought the digital camera movie mode would be worth a darn until I
    downloaded
    autoproducer from muvee.com Combining the photos from my little canon with
    the digital
    video it also takes looks wonderful when run through their program. Try it
    out.
    Now I wish my E-10 had the movie mode as well.

    Bill, Dec 20, 2003