    I have tried selecting a port manualy with no luck.

    Any suggestions please

    Chris
    Chris, Sep 28, 2004

  2. Chris

    Jerry G. Guest

    There is most likely a setup in the Nokia software. I had a similar
    fault with a Motorola phone. In my case it was a registry authorization
    entry code that had to be corrected.

    Call the Nokia support, and they should be able to walk you through it.
    The software is not seeing the port with the phone, but the hardware is.
    This means that the operating system and the driver is seeing the phone.

    --

    Jerry G.
    ======

    "Chris" <> wrote in message
    Hi all

    I have a problem with a Nokia 3200 phone USB connection in Win98SE.
    The phone used to connect ok until the OS was reinstalled.
    I have tried reinstalling the USB drivers and Nokia PC suite 5.64.
    The USB cable is recognised when plugged in and all the USB
    controllers and the transfer device seems to appear to be OK.

    The problem occurs when searching for the phone as the software cant
    find it.

    Jerry G., Sep 28, 2004

  3. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Follow up to problem.

    I tried the phone on another computer with the same build and worked
    perfectly.
    I rebuilt the Win98SE sytem on my clients HP pavillion and patched it
    to the same build.
    When I came to install the same Nokia PC suite version on my clients
    computer it says it is not compatible with the OS.

    Nokia helpdesk says im doing the right troubleshooting and they cant
    offer a solution.

    I'm going to try a bare bones installation without the latest patches
    next.
    If this doesn't work ill swap out the PCI usb card.

    By the way the Software has worked on this computer previously
    although they don't have the original Nokia PC suite software they
    used so I had to download it.

    Anyone had similar issues?

    Chris
    Chris, Sep 30, 2004