Nokia PC Suite Not Working???

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by John, Dec 3, 2006.

  1. John

    John Guest

    Can anyone suggest anything for the following error messages I keep
    getting:

    "There is no available connection type and therefore the connection to
    phone cannot be established. The wizard will exit."

    "Failed to detect available connection types! Please reinstall Nokia
    PC Suite."

    I have reinstall Nokia PC Suite a couple of times and it has not
    corrected the problem.

    I have tried installing different versions of PC Suite and I still get
    the same error messages.

    I don't know why it is saying this because I do have a bluetooth
    connection available and switched on. The phone is also switched on
    and is set up as passkey enabled with my computer.

    What gives Nokia?

    John

    John, Dec 3, 2006

  2. John

    Gyp Guest

    In message <>, John
    <> writes

    >I don't know why it is saying this because I do have a bluetooth
    >connection available and switched on. The phone is also switched on
    >and is set up as passkey enabled with my computer.

    Have you hit the "get connected" button?
    --
    Gyp
    Change to dotcom to reply

    Gyp, Dec 3, 2006

  3. John

    gomez Guest

    On Sun, 03 Dec 2006 22:21:56 +0000, John <> dropped the
    following oil-slick:

    >Can anyone suggest anything for the following error messages I keep
    >getting:
    >
    >"There is no available connection type and therefore the connection to
    >phone cannot be established. The wizard will exit."
    >
    >"Failed to detect available connection types! Please reinstall Nokia
    >PC Suite."

    Are you connecting via a Bluetoofh hub? I occasinally have problems
    with my hub which is fixed by unplugging the hub then plugging it in
    again.
    --
    gomez
    Honda TransAlp,KTM 640LC Enduro (For Sale)

    gomez, Dec 4, 2006
  4. John

    John Guest

    On Sun, 3 Dec 2006 22:49:12 +0000, Gyp <> wrote:

    >In message <>, John
    ><> writes
    >
    >>I don't know why it is saying this because I do have a bluetooth
    >>connection available and switched on. The phone is also switched on
    >>and is set up as passkey enabled with my computer.

    >Have you hit the "get connected" button?

    Yes. That's what happens when I hot that button, I get those error
    messages.

    John

    John, Dec 4, 2006
  5. John

    John Guest

    On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 12:56:31 +0000, gomez <>
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 03 Dec 2006 22:21:56 +0000, John <> dropped the
    >following oil-slick:
    >
    >>Can anyone suggest anything for the following error messages I keep
    >>getting:
    >>
    >>"There is no available connection type and therefore the connection to
    >>phone cannot be established. The wizard will exit."
    >>
    >>"Failed to detect available connection types! Please reinstall Nokia
    >>PC Suite."
    >>

    >Are you connecting via a Bluetoofh hub? I occasinally have problems
    >with my hub which is fixed by unplugging the hub then plugging it in
    >again.

    No. The Bluetooth dongle is plugged into a USB port on the computer. I
    don't have a USB hub.

    John

    John, Dec 4, 2006
  6. John

    SteveG Guest

    John wrote:
    > Can anyone suggest anything for the following error messages I keep
    > getting:
    >
    > "There is no available connection type and therefore the connection to
    > phone cannot be established. The wizard will exit."
    >
    > "Failed to detect available connection types! Please reinstall Nokia
    > PC Suite."
    >
    > I have reinstall Nokia PC Suite a couple of times and it has not
    > corrected the problem.
    >
    > I have tried installing different versions of PC Suite and I still get
    > the same error messages.
    >
    > I don't know why it is saying this because I do have a bluetooth
    > connection available and switched on. The phone is also switched on
    > and is set up as passkey enabled with my computer.
    >
    > What gives Nokia?
    >
    > John

    Does your phone connect to the BT dongle okay? There can be issues with
    drivers for some dongles ... you might have to experiment a bit :)

    --
    Regards

    Steve G

    SteveG, Dec 4, 2006