    Does anybody know if one can get a Nokia M1122 to run in any other mode
    other than PPP, ie IPoA or Classic IP (CIP)?

    Thanks.

    Kendrick McWha, Jul 30, 2003

  2. "Kendrick McWha" <kendrick.mcwha(AT)tpg.com.au> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Does anybody know if one can get a Nokia M1122 to run in any other mode
    > other than PPP, ie IPoA or Classic IP (CIP)?

    Yes.. but you won't be able to use it in NZ

    Craig Whitmore, Jul 30, 2003

  3. Hi,

    Thanks, it is not going to be used in NZ. I've been given one of these
    modems and am trying to use it in Australia. I know they are common in NZ so
    that is why I posted here.

    So my next question is how does one get it to change protocol. I can access
    the modem as a user, but not as admin. I have a copy of the admin manual
    which describes lots more functionality than I can see when I log onto it.

    I can also telnet to it, using the napt-user password but have not been able
    to find any area to adjust he connection protocol.

    Thanks.

    Kendrick McWha, Jul 30, 2003
  4. It will have the Telecom Admin password in it (ie it belongs to Telecom, so
    you (or whoever you got it from) doesn't own it.
    Just give it back to Telecom and make them happy..

    Thanks
    Craig

    Craig Whitmore, Jul 31, 2003
  5. Kendrick McWha

    Andrew Guest

    *Wonders why you seem so negative on this subject*

    Andrew, Jul 31, 2003
  6. Kendrick McWha

    The Flash Guest

    You must be admin to change protocols, not alot of thes are still on rentals
    with telecom yet often get upgraded or replaced. you may want to check that
    you gift was infact owned by the giver and is not stll owned by telecom.

    By using the serial link you can bypass both the user and admin password.

    The Flash, Jul 31, 2003
  7. Kendrick McWha

    Enkidu Guest

    Telecom hasn't had them for ages. If you have one on hire from
    Telecomm you are giving them $30 per month. If you still rent from
    them you have been doing it for several years. You have probably paid
    twice its value to Telecom.

    Phone them and send it back. Buy a nice cheap one from Disk Smiths.
    You will save the price in only a few months.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Jul 31, 2003
  8. Kendrick McWha

    The Flash Guest

    "Enkidu" <> wrote in message
    > Telecom hasn't had them for ages. If you have one on hire from
    > Telecomm you are giving them $30 per month. If you still rent from
    > them you have been doing it for several years. You have probably paid
    > twice its value to Telecom.
    >
    > Phone them and send it back. Buy a nice cheap one from Disk Smiths.
    > You will save the price in only a few months.

    When it explodes / fails telecom will replace it, in effect you have a
    warrantee in perpetuity for $30 a month, not cheap but not too bad really.

    The Flash, Jul 31, 2003