Nokia M11 reset??

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Shane (aka froggy), Mar 10, 2005.

  1. On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 06:13:45 +0000, S Roby wrote:

    > Wheve got an (old) Nokia M11 that we want to use but...
    > whoever set it up didnt note the IP adress they changed it to or the
    > password (hopefully this is still the default)
    >
    > Anyway to hardware reset one of these??
    > Perhaps a jumber on the board??
    > Any other way of getting into it?(apart from large hammer)
    > There are programs that may find its IP by pinging every IP within a given
    > range but I would prefer an easier 'fix'

    no doubt you hit google up .. the first link I got from google was
    http://www.nzdsl.co.nz/software/nokia/Default.htm
    paying special attention to
    http://www.nzdsl.co.nz/software/nokia/M11_20Manual.pdf
    (its 169 pages of pure Nokia heaven <wipes drool>)
    after a quick look through Im betting whoever gave it to you is having a
    wee chuckle at the amount of reading you have lined up
    gl

    S Roby, Mar 10, 2005

  3. On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 19:07:55 +1300, Shane (aka froggy) wrote:

    > On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 06:13:45 +0000, S Roby wrote:
    >
    >> Wheve got an (old) Nokia M11 that we want to use but...
    >> whoever set it up didnt note the IP adress they changed it to or the
    >> password (hopefully this is still the default)
    >>
    >> Anyway to hardware reset one of these??
    >> Perhaps a jumber on the board??
    >> Any other way of getting into it?(apart from large hammer)
    >> There are programs that may find its IP by pinging every IP within a given
    >> range but I would prefer an easier 'fix'

    > no doubt you hit google up .. the first link I got from google was
    > http://www.nzdsl.co.nz/software/nokia/Default.htm
    > paying special attention to
    > http://www.nzdsl.co.nz/software/nokia/M11_20Manual.pdf
    > (its 169 pages of pure Nokia heaven <wipes drool>)
    > after a quick look through Im betting whoever gave it to you is having a
    > wee chuckle at the amount of reading you have lined up
    > gl

    a little more googling turned up a thread on
    www.unixathome.org/adsl/archives/2004_11
    this particular post seems most relevant
    http://www.unixathome.org/adsl/archives/2004_11/0095.html
    <Q>
    Hey,
    To be honest mate you'll save yourself a ton of time and in doing so money
    by going out and purchasing a cheap, current generation router.

    Cheers,
    -Jeff
    </Q>
    unless of course you know how to jimmy up a null modem cable and then use
    Hyper terminal (windows) or minicom (*nix)
    HTH

    Shane (aka froggy), Mar 10, 2005
  4. Shane (aka froggy)

    Gavin Tunney Guest

    On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 06:13:45 GMT, le (S Roby) wrote:

    >Wheve got an (old) Nokia M11 that we want to use but...
    >whoever set it up didnt note the IP adress they changed it to or the
    >password (hopefully this is still the default)
    >
    >Anyway to hardware reset one of these??
    >Perhaps a jumber on the board??
    >Any other way of getting into it?(apart from large hammer)
    >There are programs that may find its IP by pinging every IP within a given
    >range but I would prefer an easier 'fix'

    The best place to start with routers is to set your PC to use DHCP,
    most routers have DHCP enabled by default. Then run ipconfig, winipcfg
    or OS equivalent & the gateway IP that shows up is the router IP.

    Usual M11 pwd was telecom wasn't it?

    Cheers

    Gavin

    Gavin Tunney, Mar 10, 2005
  5. Shane (aka froggy)

    S Roby Guest

    >Usual M11 pwd was telecom wasn't it?

    The idiot who set the IP too some unkown non standard godassed address
    also disabled DHCP. Who knows what he made the password, hopefully he didnt
    think to change it.

    Its for work so I dont want to give up too easily.

    S Roby, Mar 10, 2005
  6. Shane (aka froggy)

    EMB Guest

    S Roby wrote:
    > Wheve got an (old) Nokia M11 that we want to use but...
    > whoever set it up didnt note the IP adress they changed it to or the
    > password (hopefully this is still the default)
    >
    > Anyway to hardware reset one of these??
    > Perhaps a jumber on the board??
    > Any other way of getting into it?(apart from large hammer)
    > There are programs that may find its IP by pinging every IP within a given
    > range but I would prefer an easier 'fix'

    Use arp to map it's MAC address to an IP on your subnet, then http into
    it and see if the password is still the default.

    --
    EMB

    EMB, Mar 10, 2005
  7. Shane (aka froggy)

    SteveM Guest

    Gavin Tunney <> wrote in

    > On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 06:13:45 GMT, le (S Roby) wrote:
    >
    >>Wheve got an (old) Nokia M11 that we want to use but...
    >>whoever set it up didnt note the IP adress they changed it to or the
    >>password (hopefully this is still the default)
    >>
    >>Anyway to hardware reset one of these??
    >>Perhaps a jumber on the board??
    >>Any other way of getting into it?(apart from large hammer)
    >>There are programs that may find its IP by pinging every IP within a
    >>given range but I would prefer an easier 'fix'

    > The best place to start with routers is to set your PC to use DHCP,
    > most routers have DHCP enabled by default. Then run ipconfig, winipcfg
    > or OS equivalent & the gateway IP that shows up is the router IP.
    >
    > Usual M11 pwd was telecom wasn't it?
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Gavin

    Telecom - with a capital T

    SteveM

    SteveM, Mar 10, 2005
  8. Shane (aka froggy)

    Enkidu Guest

    SteveM wrote:
    > Gavin Tunney <> wrote in
    >

    >>On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 06:13:45 GMT, le (S Roby) wrote:
    >>

    >>>Wheve got an (old) Nokia M11 that we want to use but...
    >>>whoever set it up didnt note the IP adress they changed it to or the
    >>>password (hopefully this is still the default)
    >>>
    >>>Anyway to hardware reset one of these??
    >>>Perhaps a jumber on the board??
    >>>Any other way of getting into it?(apart from large hammer)
    >>>There are programs that may find its IP by pinging every IP within a
    >>>given range but I would prefer an easier 'fix'

    >>The best place to start with routers is to set your PC to use DHCP,
    >>most routers have DHCP enabled by default. Then run ipconfig, winipcfg
    >>or OS equivalent & the gateway IP that shows up is the router IP.
    >>
    >>Usual M11 pwd was telecom wasn't it?

    > Telecom - with a capital T

    Some had a password of "1"

    Cheers,