    anyone know if it actually comes with the sipgate logo and if so, can
    I change it? Are there any other outlet apart from Sipgate? Even Nokia
    Online shop doesn't have it.
    R Chan, Feb 5, 2009

  2. R Chan

    R Chan Guest

    On Thu, 5 Feb 2009 20:56:04 -0000, "Neil"
    <> wrote:

    >"R Chan" <localpeeps_REMOVE@THIS_lycos.co.uk> wrote in message
    >>I can only find it on the Sipgate online shop in the uk. The picture
    >> on the sales page shows the phone with a sipgate splash screen. Does
    >> anyone know if it actually comes with the sipgate logo and if so, can
    >> I change it? Are there any other outlet apart from Sipgate? Even Nokia
    >> Online shop doesn't have it.

    >I got mine from there a couple of months ago.
    >Don't worry, it's totally unbranded, no logo.
    >
    >The only annoyance is there are only 2 VOIP providers available on the
    >setup - Sipgate and Gizmo5. I'm using Gizmo5 anyway, but I managed to add
    >VoipCheap by following instructions here:
    >http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136775
    >
    >Regards,
    >Neil

    Thank you very much for your reply, much appreciated:)
    R Chan, Feb 6, 2009

  3. On Thu, 05 Feb 2009 17:51:16 GMT, localpeeps_REMOVE@THIS_lycos.co.uk
    (R Chan) wrote:

    >I can only find it on the Sipgate online shop in the uk. The picture
    >on the sales page shows the phone with a sipgate splash screen. Does
    >anyone know if it actually comes with the sipgate logo and if so, can
    >I change it? Are there any other outlet apart from Sipgate? Even Nokia
    >Online shop doesn't have it.

    I also bought one of these from Sipgate, but I believe that Gradwell
    sell it as well. Mine had no branding either.

    I had no problems with getting it to use my Sipgate account. I have
    a second account with our experimental labs, but as you can only have
    one VoIP account active at a time I haven't bothered to go through the
    hoops to get the lab account on the phone.

    Nokia UK hasn't heard of this phone - I suspect the VoIP part
    discourages the mobile networks from subsidising it so nobody stocks
    it. I was told by one dealer that Orange promoted it briefly.

    This has turned out to be the best phone I've had so far, the only
    downside is the short battery life if it is allowed to keep a WiFi
    connection going, but I can live with that!

    Regards,
    Harry.

    Harry Broomhall, Feb 6, 2009