    Which do you think it will be? Somehow I can’t see them successfully teaming
    up with another company that may also be dominant, but is also in inexorable
    decline...

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jan 28, 2011

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Another Me Guest

    On 29/01/11 11:58 AM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > Nokia is still dominant in the world mobile-phone market, albeit its
    > dominance is in steady decline. There are rumours floating around that it is
    > going to announce the adoption of either Android or Windows Phone 7 for
    > future mobile products
    > <http://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/nokia-doomed-to-be-a-zombie-company/44162>.
    >
    > Which do you think it will be? Somehow I can’t see them successfully teaming
    > up with another company that may also be dominant, but is also in inexorable
    > decline...

    A rumour that they have constantly denied for months, and they have no
    reason to adopt either.

    Both Android and WM7 would be a backwards step from Symbian or Meego,
    both for Nokia, and the consumer. And I own an Android phone.

    Another Me, Jan 29, 2011

  3. In message <ihvhn5$5tk$>, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    > Nokia is still dominant in the world mobile-phone market, albeit its
    > dominance is in steady decline. There are rumours floating around that it
    > is going to announce the adoption of either Android or Windows Phone 7 for
    > future mobile products
    > <http://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/nokia-doomed-to-be-a-zombie-company/44162>.

    Interesting coincidence that just a couple of days prior to that, HP is
    scheduled to make an announcement on its WebOS efforts
    <http://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/is-apothekers-quest-for-coolness-the-spark-that-hp-needs/44232>.

    Think there’s a chance that Nokia might be involved in this as well?
    Competing with Android, instead of joining it? Wouldn’t that be fun...

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jan 29, 2011