    before it left here. By the time my Dad got it home, was very noisy. Says it
    sounds like a fan is spinning VERY fast. Is there some kind of shroud that
    may have fallen off? Any one had a problem like this before? TIA.
    Dan, Nov 23, 2004

  2. Dan

    Calypso Guest

    I have had two Sony Vaios and my brother has one. All of them have been as
    noisy as power plants!! It is the fan that causes the noise and increasing
    RAM helps by reducing the frequency of the fan operation. I had also come
    across a Linux application which would let you control the fan - didnt find
    anything like that for Windows.

    If the Vaio has become noisy only after the installation of the hard drive
    then there may be different problems.

    I have now moved to Dell.

    Calypso, Nov 23, 2004

  3. Dan

    Dan Guest

    Thank's for the reply. As I said after format, I ran it all day and it was
    silent. After transportation it became noisy. I hope it's nothing more than
    a loose shroud or something to that effect. Pretty sure it's not
    software/hardware related...Pretty sure. Lol.

    Dan, Nov 23, 2004