    Any ideas. Anyone had this problem before ?

    Thanks.

    Its a Zensonic Z340 DVD/Divx Player.

    Miltion, Jan 6, 2006

  2. Miltion

    Roy L. Fuchs Guest

    On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 11:57:42 +1100, Miltion <Milton Adler> Gave us:

    >The disc seems to be noisier at the stard and the end and in the
    >middle its fine ??
    >
    >Worked fine in my last DVD player. Think its the disc or maybe a fault
    >player. I backed up the dvd and played it an dit played fine ?
    >
    >Any ideas. Anyone had this problem before ?
    >
    >Thanks.
    >
    >Its a Zensonic Z340 DVD/Divx Player.

    Does "this disc" have scratches all over the surface of it from
    where you have placed on surfaces and the like? You know... places
    OTHER THAN where they are supposed to be, which amount to only two
    locations. The disc's box or the players tray.

    If you touch the read side of your discs, the lesson you need to
    learn is never to do so. The test is too look at your discs. Any
    fingerprints or scratches? If so YOU fail the disc handling test.

    If it is clean (and I do mean pristine), the your player has a
    problem with a specific type of disc manufacturing format, such as
    Dual Layer Disc, Opposite Track Path. That would cause the beginning
    and end to be different than "the middle" which is not the physical
    middle of the disc.

    Basically, make sure you don't ever touch your discs, OR place them
    on a surface (box and tray ONLY), and never buy a no name brand
    player, no matter how cheaply priced.

    Roy L. Fuchs, Jan 6, 2006

  3. Miltion

    Miltion Guest

    Its not a no name brand well no realy :)

    i think it just takesa a few swaps till you get a decent one. new
    model you see.

    i take decen tcard of my DVDS. No useing them as coasters or anything.

    Ill do a swap of the player and see if the new one does the same.

    Thanks.

    Miltion, Jan 6, 2006
  4. "Miltion" <Milton Adler> wrote in message

    > The disc seems to be noisier at the stard and the end and in the
    > middle its fine ??
    >
    > Worked fine in my last DVD player. Think its the disc or maybe a fault
    > player. I backed up the dvd and played it an dit played fine ?
    >
    > Any ideas. Anyone had this problem before ?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Its a Zensonic Z340 DVD/Divx Player.

    This DVD is probably out of balance and you will likely notice other disks
    which have similar vibration problems. Your previous player may have had a
    better spindle suspension which minimized vibrations caused by out of
    balance disks.

    When the disk first initializes, it is spinning at its maximum speed, so you
    will notice that the player vibrates the most. Then, after the menu appears,
    the vibration will be less severe. My guess is that this disk is dual-layer,
    so as the disk plays, the speed decreases until the layer-change, at which
    time the disk speed begins to increase. Finally, at the end of the movie,
    the laser is back to the center of the disk and the disk speed is back to
    its initial start speed, where the vibrations are the most severe.

    Yes, I have had this problem to one extent or another. Although playback did
    not seem to be compromised, I have balanced a few DVDs in order to minimize
    the vibrations.

    One-Shot Scot, Jan 6, 2006