noisy cpu fan, I replaced with another and it is still noisy

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Ed, Jan 23, 2007.

  1. Ed

    Ed Guest

    This pc has a noisy cpu fan, I replaced it with one from a identical pc
    I had saved for parts and it is still making the same noise.
    Could it be the power going to it ?

    Thank you

    EM

    System Information report written at: 01/23/2007 10:42:12 AM
    [System Summary]
    Item Value
    OS Name Microsoft Windows 2000 Proffesional
    Version 5.0.2195 Service Pack 4 Build 2195
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name WORKSTATION
    System Manufacturer HP Pavilion 04
    System Model P8560A-ABA 502n
    System Type X86-based PC
    Processor x86 Family 6 Model 11 Stepping 4 GenuineIntel ~1395 Mhz
    BIOS Version Version 3.08
    Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
    System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
    Boot Device \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1
    Locale United States
    User Name WORKSTATION\BLC
    Time Zone Eastern Standard Time
    Total Physical Memory 129,008 KB
    Available Physical Memory 21,208 KB
    Total Virtual Memory 438,552 KB
    Available Virtual Memory 177,904 KB
    Page File Space 309,544 KB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys
    Ed, Jan 23, 2007

  2. Ed

    1932 Guest

    "Ed" <> wrote in message
    > This pc has a noisy cpu fan, I replaced it with one from a identical pc
    > I had saved for parts and it is still making the same noise.
    > Could it be the power going to it ?

    Could be the same make of fan.
    And it could be the bearings have dried out in
    both of them.
    Treat yourself to a new fan, you know you`re
    worth it <g>.
    It`ll also protect your CPU.
    1932, Jan 23, 2007

  3. Ed

    Ed Guest

    Any idea which fan I should purchase ?
    Ed, Jan 23, 2007
  4. Ed

    1932 Guest

    "Ed" <> wrote in message
    > Any idea which fan I should purchase ?

    Don`t know what part of the world you`re in Ed.
    But go to www.google.com, and type in
    CPU cooling fans , to try to get an idea of the types
    available, (for your particular CPU obviously).

    Personally, I use a CoolMaster variable speed
    one on my AMD 3000+.

    HTh.
    1932, Jan 23, 2007