    Before I go to small claims court does anybody have any ideas?
    Thanks
    Xeno

    Xeno Chauvin, Mar 3, 2007

  2. Xeno Chauvin

    Kirk Guest

    Xeno Chauvin wrote:

    >I have a house brand lap-top with a whistling fan from a recognized retailer
    >of electronics.
    >It has a regular intermittent whistle as the fan runs to cool
    >everything down. It cycles about every minute or so after it has been
    >running for 30 minutes.
    >The CPU is an AMD Sempron 3000+
    >I have a service policy and took it to where I bought it.
    >They claimed they replaced the fan BUT it still whistles
    >and that's the best they can do.
    >Before I go to small claims court does anybody have any ideas?
    >Thanks
    >Xeno

    Read the fine print of your service policy, if there are loopholes;
    Remove the plug that supplies power to the CPU Fan and fry the system.

    Kirk, Mar 3, 2007

  3. Xeno Chauvin

    Demolitio Guest

    Kirk wrote:
    > Xeno Chauvin wrote:
    >
    >> I have a house brand lap-top with a whistling fan from a recognized retailer
    >> of electronics.
    >> It has a regular intermittent whistle as the fan runs to cool
    >> everything down. It cycles about every minute or so after it has been
    >> running for 30 minutes.
    >> The CPU is an AMD Sempron 3000+
    >> I have a service policy and took it to where I bought it.
    >> They claimed they replaced the fan BUT it still whistles
    >> and that's the best they can do.
    >> Before I go to small claims court does anybody have any ideas?
    >> Thanks
    >> Xeno
    >>

    > Read the fine print of your service policy, if there are loopholes;
    > Remove the plug that supplies power to the CPU Fan and fry the system.

    I like that thinking :~) but be sure to back everything up first :D

    Demolitio, Mar 3, 2007
  4. Xeno Chauvin

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 2 Mar 2007 18:41:31 -0600, "Xeno Chauvin"
    <> wrote:

    >I have a house brand lap-top with a whistling fan from a recognized retailer
    >of electronics.
    >It has a regular intermittent whistle as the fan runs to cool
    >everything down. It cycles about every minute or so after it has been
    >running for 30 minutes.
    >The CPU is an AMD Sempron 3000+
    >I have a service policy and took it to where I bought it.
    >They claimed they replaced the fan BUT it still whistles
    >and that's the best they can do.
    >Before I go to small claims court does anybody have any ideas?

    Do you know ANYTHING about small claims court?

    Obviously not.

    Evan Platt, Mar 3, 2007
  5. Xeno Chauvin

    Frosty Guest

    On Fri, 2 Mar 2007 18:41:31 -0600 in 24hoursupport.helpdesk "Xeno
    Chauvin" <>, intended to write something
    intelligible, but instead wrote :

    >I have a house brand lap-top with a whistling fan from a recognized retailer
    >of electronics.
    >It has a regular intermittent whistle as the fan runs to cool
    >everything down. It cycles about every minute or so after it has been
    >running for 30 minutes.
    >The CPU is an AMD Sempron 3000+
    >I have a service policy and took it to where I bought it.
    >They claimed they replaced the fan BUT it still whistles
    >and that's the best they can do.
    >Before I go to small claims court does anybody have any ideas?
    >Thanks
    >Xeno

    Ask 'em to replace the whistle.

    Frosty, Mar 3, 2007
  6. Xeno Chauvin

    Xeno Chauvin Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > Do you know ANYTHING about small claims court?
    >
    > Obviously not.

    Thank you god for replying!
    Xeno

    Xeno Chauvin, Mar 3, 2007
  7. Xeno Chauvin

    Xeno Chauvin Guest

    "Frosty" < > wrote in message
    > Ask 'em to replace the whistle.

    IT DOES whistle Dixie but it's still aggravating.
    Xeno

    Xeno Chauvin, Mar 3, 2007