    Best regards,
    John Navas
    Panasonic DMC-FZ8 (and several others)
    John Navas, Jan 22, 2008

  2. John Navas

    Ali Guest

    No new website. He covers good topics, but can't relay his knowledge very
    well.

    Don't get me wrong, he is very knowledgeable, but is not a trainer at heart.

    Ali, Jan 22, 2008

  3. John Navas

    John Navas Guest

    Your own better example would be where? ;)

    John Navas, Jan 22, 2008
  4. John Navas

    Rich Guest

    On Jan 22, 5:58 pm, John Navas <> wrote:
    > <http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/noise-reduction.htm>
    > --
    > Best regards,
    > John Navas
    > Panasonic DMC-FZ8 (and several others)

    For a real grounding in this, check out some of the astronomy image
    processing groups. They've been using the technique for around 20
    years, sometimes using thousands of images. The amount of detail they
    get from their images (no joke) rivals some Hubble shots of the
    planets. The programs used to do it do more than just stack images.
    One of the best known is "Registax" a free program.
    http://www.astronomie.be/registax/
    Rich, Jan 23, 2008
  5. John Navas

    John Navas Guest

    On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 16:11:51 -0800 (PST), Rich <>
    wrote in
    <>:

    >On Jan 22, 5:58 pm, John Navas <> wrote:

    >> <http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/noise-reduction.htm>

    >For a real grounding in this, check out some of the astronomy image
    >processing groups. They've been using the technique for around 20
    >years, sometimes using thousands of images. The amount of detail they
    >get from their images (no joke) rivals some Hubble shots of the
    >planets. The programs used to do it do more than just stack images.
    >One of the best known is "Registax" a free program.
    >http://www.astronomie.be/registax/

    Idea is similar, but the objective is different.

    John Navas, Jan 23, 2008
  6. In article <>,
    John Navas <> wrote:

    > <http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/noise-reduction.htm>

    I've tried that for noise back in the Oly CxxxZ days. It kinda works.

    You can also blend many still life photos to simulate multiple sources
    of light when you really only have one light.

    Both work when the situation is too rare to justify upgraded equipment.

    --
    I don't read Google's spam. Reply with another service.
    Kevin McMurtrie, Jan 23, 2008
  7. John Navas

    Toby Guest

    Of course this is completely doable, the downside being that nothing can
    move in the frame between exposures.

    Toby

    Toby, Jan 23, 2008