    2. Do I need a different profile for the two types of noise in Image Ready?

    Thanks,
    Cooter

    Cooter, Jul 26, 2003

  2. Cooter

    Cooter Guest

    Re: Noise - Different Kinds - correction

    OOPS! That should be Neat Image, not Image Ready. Sorry.

    Cooter

    Cooter, Jul 26, 2003

  3. Cooter

    Mark M Guest

    "Cooter" <> wrote in message
    > OOPS! That should be Neat Image, not Image Ready. Sorry.

    You need a profile for each ISO you shoot in.

    Mark M, Jul 26, 2003
  4. Cooter

    Jeremy Guest

    Cooter <> wrote:

    > 1. Is the noise "pattern" different for high ISO ratings and long exposure
    > times?

    "Digital noise" varies with ISO, shutter speed, and temperature at the time
    of exposure.

    I can't answer your second question, sorry.

    --
    Jeremy |

    Jeremy, Jul 27, 2003
  5. Cooter

    Lionel Guest

    On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 05:47:17 -0000, in
    <>, Jeremy
    <> said:

    >Cooter <> wrote:
    >
    >> 1. Is the noise "pattern" different for high ISO ratings and long exposure
    >> times?

    >"Digital noise" varies with ISO, shutter speed, and temperature at the time
    >of exposure.
    >
    >I can't answer your second question, sorry.

    Hi Jeremy, nice to see you here. I had no idea you were interested in
    photography!

    And yes, you're correct. As for the OP's second question, yes, you need
    different noise profiles.

    Lionel, Jul 28, 2003
  6. Cooter

    Browntimdc Guest

    Re: Noise - Different Kinds - correction

    "Bart van der Wolf" <> wrote in

    > "Browntimdc" <browntR*E*M*O*V*> wrote in message
    > SNIP
    >> I just take an out of focus shot on location at the settings I think
    >> I'll be using. Then I make a profile with that image.

    > It is easier to download the target from the Neat Image site, and take
    > an out of focus image of that under controlled circumstances. It will
    > offer you all the major brightness's in a single shot, and allows to
    > build an excellent profile for your ISO setting. All three color
    > channels receive equal exposure, so the noise profile is very
    > reliable.
    >
    > You can only improve on it if you shoot it under several extreme
    > operating temperatures (e.g. freezing cold, average spring or indoor,
    > and blazing sunshine).
    >
    > Bart

    I tried the test target. I found for whatever reason the noise I get on
    location was always different. Whether it's shutter speed, ISO setting,
    room temperature, camera temperature, color temperature of the
    illumination... whatever. There's just too many things changing. I only
    takes a minute to build a profile, I always have a profile that matches
    well with my images and I don't have to keep track of a bunch of
    different profiles.

    Maybe I could take a photo of a gray scale target out in the field.

    Tim

    Browntimdc, Jul 28, 2003