NOD32

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Krazy BoB, Nov 6, 2004.

  1. Krazy BoB

    Krazy BoB Guest

    Does Anybody on here think NOD32 is better than AVG??

    I recently had a exchange student staying with me for a week and during that
    time she was on here surfing or emailing or doing whatever.

    Then all of a sudden about 6 viruses and a sizeable amount of spyware was
    detetced by AVG and Spybot.

    I got rid of the adware no problems there...
    The trojan viruses i had were a bit*h to remove. AVG could or would not
    delete, move, or heal them.

    Manually deleting wouldn't work either.

    I downloaded NOD32 Trial version and it cleared it up *fingers crossed* but
    its a bit hard to work and understand.

    What are people's thoughts about the two??

    Cheers
    Krazy BoB, Nov 6, 2004

  2. Krazy BoB

    Mr Bond Guest

    On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 12:33:14 +1300, "Krazy BoB" <@.com> wrote:

    >Does Anybody on here think NOD32 is better than AVG??
    >
    >I recently had a exchange student staying with me for a week and during that
    >time she was on here surfing or emailing or doing whatever.
    >
    >Then all of a sudden about 6 viruses and a sizeable amount of spyware was
    >detetced by AVG and Spybot.
    >
    >I got rid of the adware no problems there...
    >The trojan viruses i had were a bit*h to remove. AVG could or would not
    >delete, move, or heal them.
    >
    >Manually deleting wouldn't work either.
    >
    >I downloaded NOD32 Trial version and it cleared it up *fingers crossed* but
    >its a bit hard to work and understand.
    >
    >What are people's thoughts about the two??
    >
    >Cheers

    I like NOD32. I moved from Norton 2004. Home computer runs it with
    Firefox browser. Stoked to find that even with all the dodgey sites I
    go to that there was no spyware at all detected by spybot (I know
    there are different reviews of this program) after about a month or
    two of 'testing' said dodgey sites.
    Mr Bond, Nov 7, 2004