    I want to block a specific application from accessing the internet
    using NOD32 Antivirus 4. How do I do that?

    TIA

    Lukus, May 31, 2009

  2. Lukus

    thanatoid Guest

    Lukus <> wrote in
    news:
    oups.com:

    > I want to block a specific application from accessing the
    > internet using NOD32 Antivirus 4. How do I do that?
    >
    > TIA

    I use the 98SE NOD version 3, but I do not believe any AV
    programs offer this feature. If you can't find info on how to do
    it in the help file, you can do it easily if you have a decent
    firewall.

    My firewall (8 years old Agnitum Outpost 1, free) /makes me/
    enable applications to access the net or nothing doing. A few
    times I was tearing out my hair before I finally remembered (and
    eventually for good) that I have to specifically /add/ the app.

    Most firewalls either do THAT, and some /may/ let you specify
    which app(s) under /no circumstances/ connect to the net.

    Of course, if you are using XP (1/5 spyware) or Vista (1/3
    spyware) you may not be able to do anything about parts of the
    OS gathering info on you for the good of the homeland.

    Also, remember that almost any browser (OffByOne excepted) can
    do lots of things with/to your machine without you being aware
    of it. Another subject but something to keep in mind.

    --
    Lots of theoretical butchers are alleged and other bloody eyes
    are suitable, but will Pam secure that?

    thanatoid, May 31, 2009

  3. Lukus

    Lukus Guest

    On May 31, 6:57 pm, thanatoid <> wrote:

    > I use the 98SE NOD version 3, but I do not believe any AV
    > programs offer this feature. If you can't find info on how to do
    > it in the help file, you can do it easily if you have a decent
    > firewall.
    >
    > My firewall (8 years old Agnitum Outpost 1, free) /makes me/
    > enable applications to access the net or nothing doing. A few
    > times I was tearing out my hair before I finally remembered (and
    > eventually for good) that I have to specifically /add/ the app.
    >
    > Most firewalls either do THAT, and some /may/ let you specify
    > which app(s) under /no circumstances/ connect to the net.

    I'm pretty sure NOD32 lets you block apps from access the web... I
    know it blocks ports and webpages.

    Lukus, Jun 1, 2009
  4. Lukus

    Mike Easter Guest

    Lukus wrote:

    > I'm pretty sure NOD32 lets you block apps from access the web... I
    > know it blocks ports and webpages.

    NOD32 is an AV program made by ESET. ESET (also) sells a security suite
    ESET Smart Security which consists of a firewall and AV. What you are
    describing is the role of a so-called personal software firewall - to be
    distinguished from a genuine hardware firewall.

    http://www.eset.com/smartsecurity/ Firewall software, antispam,
    antispyware,

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Jun 1, 2009
  5. Lukus

    Guest

    Lukus <> wrote:

    >I want to block a specific application from accessing the internet
    >using NOD32 Antivirus 4. How do I do that?

    I use NOD32 I don't block sites with it.
    I use a HOSTS file for this http://someonewhocares.org/hosts/hosts
    (The one I use)

    If the site you wish to block isn't already there, add it yourself

    As the HOSTS file is updated quite a bit - it's best to keep your IP
    addresses at the top and together so you can just copy and paste
    to the updated one.

    While I don't support this HOSTS file,
    http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm it explains what a HOSTS
    file does for you.

    Just noticed that the MPV HOSTS file is twice the size as the
    http://someonewhocares.org one - the MPV could block too much, not
    letting you onto sites you frequent (remove the entry) - or be a
    better HOSTS file. I don't know.
    --
    Fix a hard drive in a freezer,
    a graphic's card using an oven.

    , Jun 1, 2009
  6. Lukus

    Lukus Guest

    On May 31, 8:36 pm, wrote:
    >  Lukus <> wrote:
    > >I want to block a specific application from accessing the internet
    > >using NOD32 Antivirus 4. How do I do that?

    > I use NOD32 I don't block sites with it.
    > I use a HOSTS file for thishttp://someonewhocares.org/hosts/hosts
    > (The one I use)
    >
    > If the site you wish to block isn't already there, add it yourself
    >
    > As the HOSTS file is updated quite a bit - it's best to keep  your IP
    > addresses at the top and together so you can just copy and paste
    > to the updated one.
    >
    > While I don't support this HOSTS file,http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htmit explains what a HOSTS
    > file does for you.
    >
    > Just noticed that the MPV HOSTS file is twice the size as thehttp://someonewhocares.orgone - the MPV could block too much, not
    > letting you onto sites you frequent (remove the entry) - or be a
    > better HOSTS file. I don't know.
    > --
    > Fix a hard drive in a freezer,
    > a graphic's card using an oven.http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1421792
    > Also (above links to:)http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=606658

    I'm not trying to block a site... I want to block an application in my
    computer from accessing the internet.

    Lukus, Jun 1, 2009
  7. Lukus

    Guest

    , Jun 1, 2009
  8. Lukus

    p.sivanesan

    Joined:
    Jul 19, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    found a way, try as per attached image in series. :listen:

    Attached Files:

    • 1.PNG
      1.PNG
      File size:
      87.6 KB
  9. Lukus

    minky93

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2013
    Messages:
    1
    Many Many thanks! p.sivanesan.. I have been searching for a way to block an app in eset.. thanks for taking the time to post the solution.. most appreciated..:congrats:

    minky93, Feb 7, 2013
  10. Lukus

    NotATroller

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4
    Okay so what you do is you hit the app with an hammer then get a screwdriver and make it go right through your monitor okay now this is the most important part Fap fap Fap fap fap fap!!!!! if you dont fap it wont work Good Luck!

    NotATroller, Feb 9, 2013
  11. Lukus

    arylacee

    Joined: