    being corrected by Norm. Norm used the group and the posters to further his
    own meager career. I don't know or care what he's up to now; just glad to
    see that he and those like him are gone.
    Dunf, Jan 31, 2004

  2. > judgemental since that guy Norm left the group. He attracted bottom
    > feeder trolls, pseudointellectuals, and film industry people that
    > constantly tried to shit on everyone cause they simply thought they
    > knew better.
    >
    > Glad to see we are on equal footing and can express our opinions
    > without being corrected by Norm. Norm used the group and the posters
    > to further his own meager career. I don't know or care what he's up to
    > now; just glad to see that he and those like him are gone.

    My experience has been quite the opposite. Alt.video.dvd has been in a
    steady decline since around the time of Norm's departure-- although there
    are MANY contributing factors for said decline. The newsgroups is quickly
    outliving its usefulness as a whole.

    Nevertheless, I do miss the contributions of Norm, in addition to other
    great posters who have moved on.
    Aaron J. Bossig, Jan 31, 2004

  3. Dunf

    Bill Guest

    I miss Norm a lot more than I would miss posters like you, though I used to
    tired a bit of the number of "Hey, Norm" messages that would appear.
    However, he did manage intelligent and thoughtful postings, unlike the
    barrage that I've just seen from you.

    Bill, Jan 31, 2004
  4. On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 23:13:59 -0600, "Aaron J. Bossig"
    <> wrote:

    >Nevertheless, I do miss the contributions of Norm, in addition to other
    >great posters who have moved on.

    I'm with you.
    Hitman of Las Vegas, Jan 31, 2004
  5. Dunf

    @V@ Guest

    On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 05:17:37 GMT, "Bill" <> wrote:

    >I miss Norm a lot more than I would miss posters like you, though I used to

    Well you can suck my big hairy coc_.......
    @V@, Jan 31, 2004
  6. Dunf

    Bill Guest

    <@V@> wrote in message news:eek:...
    > On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 05:17:37 GMT, "Bill" <> wrote:
    >
    > >I miss Norm a lot more than I would miss posters like you, though I used

    > Well you can suck my big hairy coc_.......

    One more for the killfile, and you won't be missed.
    Bill, Jan 31, 2004
  7. Dunf

    DarkMatter Guest

    On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 04:41:47 GMT, "Dunf" <> Gave us:

    >I have found this newsgroup to be much more even handed and less judgemental
    >since that guy Norm left the group. He attracted bottom feeder trolls,
    >pseudointellectuals, and film industry people that constantly tried to shit
    >on everyone cause they simply thought they knew better.

    He did no such thing. YOU are the fucking troll.

    >Glad to see we are on equal footing and can express our opinions without
    >being corrected by Norm.

    You have yet to be correct on your own.

    >Norm used the group and the posters to further his
    >own meager career.

    No. Norm frequented the group because at one time, it had an
    informative and entertaining value. Now, it is full of chumps like
    you that point fingers all about.

    >I don't know or care what he's up to now; just glad to
    >see that he and those like him are gone.

    I think you judge it all guys are fucking retards. Norm was fine.

    It's rip it (discs) ignore it (Usenet protocols) Ignore it (the
    topic of the group) idiots that **** it up.

    YOUR post has not a goddamned thing to do with DVDs.

    How's that for an opinion.
    DarkMatter, Jan 31, 2004
  8. Dunf

    DarkMatter Guest

    On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 00:16:40 -0600, @V@ Gave us:

    >On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 05:17:37 GMT, "Bill" <> wrote:
    >
    >>I miss Norm a lot more than I would miss posters like you, though I used to

    >Well you can suck my big hairy coc_.......

    You're a goddamned retard, boy. You are even too wussified to spell
    out your baby bullshit.
    DarkMatter, Jan 31, 2004
  9. Dunf

    Doonie Guest

    On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 05:54:49 GMT, Hitman of Las Vegas wrote:

    >On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 23:13:59 -0600, Aaron J. Bossig wrote:
    >
    >>Nevertheless, I do miss the contributions of Norm, in addition to other
    >>great posters who have moved on.

    >I'm with you.

    I, also.
    Doonie, Jan 31, 2004
  10. Dunf

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    <@V@> wrote in message
    > >I miss Norm a lot more than I would miss posters like you, though I

    used to

    > Well you can suck my big hairy coc_.......

    People who feel the need to say they have a big cock, generally don't.
    Joshua Zyber, Jan 31, 2004
  11. Dunf

    jayembee Guest

    "Bill" <> wrote:

    > I miss Norm a lot more than I would miss posters like you,

    Me, too.

    > though I used to tired a bit of the number of "Hey, Norm"
    > messages that would appear.

    Sure, but that's not Norm's fault. Or rather, it was his
    fault only indirectly. His habit of supplying useful, hard
    information seemed to make a lot of people believe that he
    was the only one capable of answering a question. So they
    tended to address their questions specifically to him.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Jan 31, 2004
  12. Dunf

    Peter Guest

    "Aaron J. Bossig" <> wrote in message
    > > judgemental since that guy Norm left the group. He attracted bottom
    > > feeder trolls, pseudointellectuals, and film industry people that
    > > constantly tried to shit on everyone cause they simply thought they
    > > knew better.
    > >
    > > Glad to see we are on equal footing and can express our opinions
    > > without being corrected by Norm. Norm used the group and the posters
    > > to further his own meager career. I don't know or care what he's up to
    > > now; just glad to see that he and those like him are gone.

    > My experience has been quite the opposite. Alt.video.dvd has been in a
    > steady decline since around the time of Norm's departure-- although there
    > are MANY contributing factors for said decline. The newsgroups is quickly
    > outliving its usefulness as a whole.
    >
    > Nevertheless, I do miss the contributions of Norm, in addition to other
    > great posters who have moved on.

    I agree, I used to post messages here often when Norm was around, I liked
    his advice and his knowledge and opinions. Since he's gone, i've found less
    and less interesting things on here. Now I barely post at all.

    It seems to me that the original poster had some thing against Norm, and
    just can't help but take shots at him, even when he's not around. That's
    really sad
    Peter, Jan 31, 2004
  13. Dunf

    Mark B. Guest

    > > judgemental since that guy Norm left the group. He attracted bottom
    > > feeder trolls, pseudointellectuals, and film industry people that
    > > constantly tried to shit on everyone cause they simply thought they
    > > knew better.
    > >
    > > Glad to see we are on equal footing and can express our opinions
    > > without being corrected by Norm. Norm used the group and the posters
    > > to further his own meager career. I don't know or care what he's up to
    > > now; just glad to see that he and those like him are gone.

    > My experience has been quite the opposite. Alt.video.dvd has been in a
    > steady decline since around the time of Norm's departure-- although there
    > are MANY contributing factors for said decline. The newsgroups is quickly
    > outliving its usefulness as a whole.
    >
    > Nevertheless, I do miss the contributions of Norm, in addition to other
    > great posters who have moved on.

    I totally agree, I looked forward to Norm's posts.

    Mark
    Mark B., Jan 31, 2004
  14. Dunf

    Dunf Guest

    > > judgemental since that guy Norm left the group. He attracted bottom
    > > feeder trolls, pseudointellectuals, and film industry people that
    > > constantly tried to shit on everyone cause they simply thought they
    > > knew better.
    > >
    > > Glad to see we are on equal footing and can express our opinions
    > > without being corrected by Norm. Norm used the group and the posters
    > > to further his own meager career. I don't know or care what he's up to
    > > now; just glad to see that he and those like him are gone.

    > My experience has been quite the opposite. Alt.video.dvd has been in a
    > steady decline since around the time of Norm's departure-- although there
    > are MANY contributing factors for said decline. The newsgroups is quickly
    > outliving its usefulness as a whole.
    >
    > Nevertheless, I do miss the contributions of Norm, in addition to other
    > great posters who have moved on.

    Norm's knowledge was quite usefull at times. The only problem was that it
    came with a price. Someone always got stomped on in the process. He felt the
    need to prove himself at the expense of others.
    Dunf, Jan 31, 2004
  15. Dunf

    Dunf Guest

    "Peter" <> wrote in message

    > "Aaron J. Bossig" <> wrote in

    message
    > > > judgemental since that guy Norm left the group. He attracted bottom
    > > > feeder trolls, pseudointellectuals, and film industry people that
    > > > constantly tried to shit on everyone cause they simply thought they
    > > > knew better.
    > > >
    > > > Glad to see we are on equal footing and can express our opinions
    > > > without being corrected by Norm. Norm used the group and the posters
    > > > to further his own meager career. I don't know or care what he's up to
    > > > now; just glad to see that he and those like him are gone.

    > > My experience has been quite the opposite. Alt.video.dvd has been in a
    > > steady decline since around the time of Norm's departure-- although

    there
    > > are MANY contributing factors for said decline. The newsgroups is

    quickly
    > > outliving its usefulness as a whole.
    > >
    > > Nevertheless, I do miss the contributions of Norm, in addition to other
    > > great posters who have moved on.

    > I agree, I used to post messages here often when Norm was around, I liked
    > his advice and his knowledge and opinions. Since he's gone, i've found

    less
    > and less interesting things on here. Now I barely post at all.
    >
    > It seems to me that the original poster had some thing against Norm, and
    > just can't help but take shots at him, even when he's not around. That's
    > really sad

    I guess you didn't notice the pot shots Norm took when he was around. I only
    brought NOrm up in this thread because of another very recent thread on the
    subject.
    Dunf, Jan 31, 2004
  16. Dunf

    Dunf Guest

    "DarkMatter" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 04:41:47 GMT, "Dunf" <> Gave us:
    >
    > >I have found this newsgroup to be much more even handed and less

    judgemental
    > >since that guy Norm left the group. He attracted bottom feeder trolls,
    > >pseudointellectuals, and film industry people that constantly tried to

    shit
    > >on everyone cause they simply thought they knew better.

    > He did no such thing. YOU are the fucking troll.
    > >
    > >Glad to see we are on equal footing and can express our opinions without
    > >being corrected by Norm.

    > You have yet to be correct on your own.
    >
    > >Norm used the group and the posters to further his
    > >own meager career.

    > No. Norm frequented the group because at one time, it had an
    > informative and entertaining value. Now, it is full of chumps like
    > you that point fingers all about.
    >
    > >I don't know or care what he's up to now; just glad to
    > >see that he and those like him are gone.

    > I think you judge it all guys are fucking retards. Norm was fine.
    >
    > It's rip it (discs) ignore it (Usenet protocols) Ignore it (the
    > topic of the group) idiots that **** it up.
    >
    > YOUR post has not a goddamned thing to do with DVDs.
    >
    > How's that for an opinion.

    Obviously Darkmatter liked Norm; that's your perogative. Now that you bring
    it up, many of your posts have nothing to do with dvd.
    Dunf, Jan 31, 2004
  17. Dunf

    Bill Guest

    > > though I used to tired a bit of the number of "Hey, Norm"
    > > messages that would appear.

    > Sure, but that's not Norm's fault. Or rather, it was his
    > fault only indirectly. His habit of supplying useful, hard
    > information seemed to make a lot of people believe that he
    > was the only one capable of answering a question. So they
    > tended to address their questions specifically to him.
    >
    > -- jayembee

    Please know that I never intended that to be a putdown, and my intent was
    never to blame Norm for those postings. I'd gladly put up with them again if
    he decided to return.
    Bill, Jan 31, 2004
  18. Dunf

    Richard C. Guest

    :
    : Glad to see we are on equal footing and can express our opinions without
    : being corrected by Norm. Norm used the group and the posters to further his
    : own meager career. I don't know or care what he's up to now; just glad to
    : see that he and those like him are gone.
    :
    ==========================
    Oh great.........a max clone..............

    Norm was one of the most stable and helpful people on this group.
    Richard C., Jan 31, 2004
  19. Dunf

    Richard C. Guest

    "Doonie" <> wrote in message
    : On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 05:54:49 GMT, Hitman of Las Vegas wrote:
    :
    : >On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 23:13:59 -0600, Aaron J. Bossig wrote:
    : >
    : >>Nevertheless, I do miss the contributions of Norm, in addition to other
    : >>great posters who have moved on.
    : >
    : >I'm with you.
    :
    : I, also.
    :
    ====================
    Count me in.
    Richard C., Jan 31, 2004
  20. Dunf

    Richard C. Guest

    "Dunf" <> wrote in message
    :
    : Norm's knowledge was quite usefull at times. The only problem was that it
    : came with a price. Someone always got stomped on in the process. He felt the
    : need to prove himself at the expense of others.
    :
    I bet you LOVE putzes like max, however.......
    Richard C., Jan 31, 2004